Fiesta Red Strat with Tortoise Pickguard, anyone?

tdarian

Platinum Supporting Member
Since you did not get a response, I thought I'd mention that I think Pino Palladino plays a Fender bass that appears to be the color/guard combo you are looking for, if you simply want to see that combo. I believe their is a Pino sig. bass somewhere on the Fender site.

m4tt

I've been toying with this colour combination for a H-S-S Stratocaster for quite some time. I think it would be fantastic in person... for some reason when I see it in pictures it doesn't really do it for me.

rastus

No Strat that way but I saw a 66 Jaguar that was Fiesta Red with a matching headstock and a tortoise guard-looked real cool IMO.

tdarian

Pino has that bass on the Strat Pack DVD. He's the "house band" bass player. There are a few great shots of the bass. I've also seem him live and close enough to like the color combination.

I'd think it would look great on a strat. The good news is that pickguard swaps are relatively easy, and custom pickguards are not hard to find.

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
Mint Green & Fiesta Red for me - and a rosewood board.

dank

Consummate Beatles Fan
Gold Supporting Member
I had a gorgeous Eric Clapton Strat in Fiesta Red that I had the shop install a pearloid pickguard on. Very sharp!

big mike

I had a gorgeous Eric Clapton Strat in Fiesta Red that I had the shop install a pearloid pickguard on. Very sharp!
I believe that would be Torino Red.

Fiesta is more washed out, almost salmon in color.

dank

Consummate Beatles Fan
Gold Supporting Member
You're right: mine was very lush, similar to the finish on a Corvette.

Mint Green, Fiesta Red, and Rosewood is one of my absolute favorite Strat looks. I like tortoise, but it's a bit weird (to my eyes) with Fiesta Red.

Trending Topics