Fight of The Best Dumble Clones! Quinn vs Louis Electrics Cobra!

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
Have the Victoria Reverberator which I purchased this year as well as the T-Rex delay pedal in the Loop, VERY SMOOTH,
I love this amp, thank you Lou and Tag, many many times....

View attachment 327161
Dipa,
The Trex should sound far better and give the Robben Ford thing. I have a Bruno stand alone reverb as well that does not do it. With the Victoria any smoothing you are hearing is due to the cables and not the converters. You need it to be digital as the converters are part of the equation. If you have a boss Digital delay stomp box that will work too! Remember, Ford ALWAYS had it on!
:beer

jnovac1

Silver Supporting Member
i believe it was @voodoosound that said had’s goal was to be able to get ”any” sound out of his amp. without a huge struggle. that would be a reason for me to order one. love to see some clips highlighting this!

Reactions: Tag

DiPa

Constant GAS
Dipa,
The Trex should sound far better and give the Robben Ford thing. I have a Bruno stand alone reverb as well that does not do it. With the Victoria any smoothing you are hearing is due to the cables and not the converters. You need it to be digital as the converters are part of the equation. If you have a boss Digital delay stomp box that will work too! Remember, Ford ALWAYS had it on!
:beer
Who’s Ford? :)
Honestly I love crafting my own tones, this amp is extremely versatile for what I want to do ..,
I do not have a digital delay stomp...
But I love what I am getting out so far with this set up

niassist

Garage Rock Star
Gold Supporting Member
Who’s Ford? :)
Honestly I love crafting my own tones, this amp is extremely versatile for what I want to do ..,
I do not have a digital delay stomp...
But I love what I am getting out so far with this set up
Not all of us want to sound like Ford that's for sure. Never been that big of a fan of his tone. Definitely not why I bought the Cobra.

Tag

Understand you guys, but you MUST try it, even for your own tones. Its part of mine even when I want nothing to do with Mr. Ford.
:D

niassist

Garage Rock Star
Gold Supporting Member
What Dumbles did Joe Bonamassa have? I'm pretty sure he sold them all, but I'm still curious. I really like a lot of Joe's tones.

Tag

That was a fun watch, but I wish it would have told more about Joe's Dumbles. He had a Skyliner at some point, also.
I dug the tone of those twins more than those Dumbles. Lou makes one and has the wrapping sheets for the original transformers.
o_O He gets them made dead on.
I played one and its off the charts, but its pure ear bleeding volumes.

jujube

That was a fun watch, but I wish it would have told more about Joe's Dumbles. He had a Skyliner at some point, also.
I only hear a small difference between those cranked amps and the cranked tweeds but then a lot of the sound has to do with the player himself and the settings used.

Trending Topics