• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Fight of The Best Dumble Clones! Quinn vs Louis Electrics Cobra!

DiPa

Constant GAS
That looks really great, nice choice!

Recently picked up a Tony Bruno 2x12 made out of pine with a birch baffle. I was amazed how different the top end was. I moved a pair of alnico speakers from another 2x12 to it and they sounded completely different. The pine cab sounds very responsive and much more alive.
Alive and more musical imo.
I been building custom pine cabs for a few years, I got addicted to how they feel and sound.

Reactions: Tag

56Tweed

Ge Fuzz-o-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Alive and more musical imo.
I been building custom pine cabs for a few years, I got addicted to how they feel and sound.

I have had a ton of vintage Fender amps, but that is sort of a different thing. I have a 4x10 made from reclaimed antique pine (wood harvested in the 1800s). That cab in significantly heavier and therefore not nearly as lively.

Enjoy the cab, hope the music makes up for the setbacks during development!

jnovac1

Silver Supporting Member
ordered a fryette ps2. i cranked up the cobra last night (master at 1 o’clock) and seemed to notice even more touch sensitive goodies. not that it lacks at low master settings, but 1 o’clock is, of course, l.o.u.d. (and that was @ 50 watts) haha. hoping to be able to FULLY explore all possible gain stagings. and, due to today’s market activities, it’s sub chump change! :cool:

Texas

Enthusiast
Platinum Supporting Member
Alright alright alright folks. Just received this from Lou yesterday and what a beast! I have a Quinn SDO (non-183) and played Dumbles and this thing is right up there with the best of them. I got it with the negative feedback control at Lou's advice and that def adds some additional color to play around with. I have a lot of time ahead of me to really learn the ins and outs of this amp, but true to what everyone has said, if you set the controls at noon, it sounds phenomenal as a starting point. I didn't make it past that to tweak it further but will in days to come.

A big plus of this build was the color scheme we went with -- I think it is a winner. Here's a pic from Lou's bench.

Finally, Lou is truly passionate about his amps and was a real pleasure to work with and very accommodating in making sure that he got my desires set for this amp. Great, great guy.

View media item 336111

DiPa

Constant GAS
Alright alright alright folks. Just received this from Lou yesterday and what a beast! I have a Quinn SDO (non-183) and played Dumbles and this thing is right up there with the best of them. I got it with the negative feedback control at Lou's advice and that def adds some additional color to play around with. I have a lot of time ahead of me to really learn the ins and outs of this amp, but true to what everyone has said, if you set the controls at noon, it sounds phenomenal as a starting point. I didn't make it past that to tweak it further but will in days to come.

A big plus of this build was the color scheme we went with -- I think it is a winner. Here's a pic from Lou's bench.

Finally, Lou is truly passionate about his amps and was a real pleasure to work with and very accommodating in making sure that he got my desires set for this amp. Great, great guy.

View media item 336111
Congrats!
I love the Vox grill cloth.
Is the tolex green?
It’s the 100W ?
Enjoy, the amp will grind all day long, the OD is killer, and yeah you will try to find your best dial settings, I still haven’t, it is very touch sensitive, so I keep trying different settings always, mid way settings are safe and a good starting point.

Echoplexi

Gold Supporting Member

View media item 336111

Dig the green tolex!

flcmcya

Gold Supporting Member
Awesome pick!

That green is classy and sassy!

I'm about two weeks out as I went with rough blonde and Fender grill cloth to match my TR.
I put the Redback and Cream in my Komet cab and have been pounding the crap out of them as they seem pretty new.
Sounds like it will be killer combo.

My Marshall type really brings it out!

Texas

Enthusiast
Platinum Supporting Member
Congrats!
I love the Vox grill cloth.
Is the tolex green?
It’s the 100W ?
Enjoy, the amp will grind all day long, the OD is killer, and yeah you will try to find your best dial settings, I still haven’t, it is very touch sensitive, so I keep trying different settings always, mid way settings are safe and a good starting point.
Yes sir -- "British racing green" was my goal and he nailed it. Check out my inspiration (not mine...internet photo). 100w.

View media item 336117

beckstriad

I'm frosting a cake with a paper knife
Double Platinum Member

View media item 336111

Dude! That looks insane. Post some clips!

Reactions: Tag

Trending Topics

Top Bottom