Filming Alchemist demo. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jmcerlain, Sep 1, 2008.

1. jmcerlain

jmcerlain Member

Hey All,

In mid September I will be at Bogner to film some official video demos of the Alchemist. I am not sure exactly what Mr. Bogner has in mind, but what would you guys like to hear from the amp and demo. I know I will be using my trusty Tuttle Strat, a Tele and a Les Paul.I will be going through the sounds and features etc. They (Bogner and Line 6) are comitted to doing this right so let's hear your suggestions!

Note: I am not promising anything!

2. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Member

i played a proto...my rep brought it in..it was NICE.

definately show the capabilities of boosting on either channel, and the touch sensitivity and swelling that the amp does so well....thats the kicker for me...that and the delay sounds great!

great lead channel on this one folks....

3. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

don't let bogner play, heheehhehehe. :D

4. Lution

Lution Member

Hey Jeff,

If you can, please see what kind of Fender type (think BFDR or BFSR) clean you can get from channel one... with a sweet hall type reverb. like pete said get some touch sensitivity examples. Use a strat and an LP for these.

Then with your Les Paul take channel two to the heaviest power chords you can make, then hit the boost switch - power chord it up and some lead stuff. I really want to see how much gain is on tap... both at mid-high gain levels for rhythm work and high gain stuff for heavy rock and lead work.

the basic stuff. :)

thanks and have fun!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  5. dotlikeimpact

dotlikeimpact Supporting Member

Chordal work. Single note lines can sound good on nearly any amp. Similar chordal work on both channels with and without boost would be great.

6. guitarded_1

guitarded_1 Supporting Member

Why don't more people get this? I never understand why some amp makers show you endless lead playing (which is important) but very little rhythm playing. Unless someone is in a purely instrumental band and taking center stage as the guitarist, then rhythm is the vast majority of what people play.

So yeah...+1. Crank on some AC/DC or The Who type of stuff and let's see what that amp can do.

7. gtr37

gtr37 Member

Agreed ,

Maybe the power chord riff of the Scorps "Rock you like a Hurricane .I would like to hear it with the punch switch set more for the British hi gain .

For leads maybe Gilmour's Comfortably numb to show the delay and sustain.

And some Counrty twang chicken picking lines .

Will this be posted by Line6 or Bogner.

Have fun ,it should be cool and help a lot of people .

Cheers!!!

8. TNJ

TNJ Gold Supporting Member

Just fully demo the cleans (with/without efx) with a humbucker and a single coil guitar.
    Same with edgy clean, low to full on gain...both neck and bridge pups alone, and all on.
    Dont do slide the whole time...it's good, but the % of slide players out there is SMALL compared to the rest of us mooks.
    I also concur with an equal mix of rhythm and lead work at all settings.
    Having someone who knows the amps twist the knobs while you play is a good idea.

Are you doing head/cab, 112 combo, 212 combo...?

I'm a big Bogner fan, and the other guitarist in our R&B band is waiting on pins and needles for the Alchemist to come out.

Thanks for the heads up thread!

S.
    j

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  9. earthlydescent

earthlydescent Senior Member

Definitely don't play all solos. I hate those amp demos. Do some nice chording first then, maybe some delay lines, and some crunchy rhythm stuff. Then solo a bit.

10. katrina

katrina Member

If you would, try to dial in and play some Kings X type rhythm tones, then kick in the solo boost and try some lead lines on both pickups. I,d like to hear what kind of jump there is with the mids and/or gain. Thanks.

11. jmcerlain

jmcerlain Member

Cool guys! Making notes. In the middle of Kitaro rehearsals right now. LONG rehearsals!.

I promise I won't play slide the whole time! That wasn't an official demos anyway, Mr. Bogner asked me to play it. Some very good ideas Thanks guys!

12. Kapo_Polenton

Kapo_Polenton Member

Play some down and dirty hair metal riffs! Again, agreed with the guys that mention this rather than just playing single note lead work. I want to hear if it can do some crunchy Ozzy, Whitesnake, maybe some Cinderella. Let's see if it then covers the Pink Floyd or the smoky blues grind... maybe then take it to the edge and pop in some overdrive pedals to show how well it takes pedals!!

13. Lution

Lution Member

Dude, you're jammin' with Kitaro?

That's very awesome! I love that guy!! Astral Voyage and Dream (the one he did with Jon Anderson) are two of my favorite albums!

14. stratasaurus

stratasaurus Member

I agree on taking it easy with the lead/single note stuff - honestly those clips don't tell me much about how an amp sounds. I would definitely like to hear some chord work, apreggiated chords and general riffing. As far as tones I'd recommend starting with a loud clean fenderish and moving up in gain from there - mild breakup, crunch, lead tone, hi gain/metal tones if they are in there. I'd also like to hear the amp with and without effects and also with and without the boost.

Oh, and using the right guitar for the right tones helps as well so if you are going to show off the gain channels ability to do metal or heavy rock please use a les paul or similar and not a tele or strat. It will be nice hearing all three through it though.

Looking forward to your clips!!!!

15. B_of_H

B_of_H Member

I always want to hear two common dirt boxes through the clean channel as well. Like a TS and a Rat for instance.

I've bought a few amps that didn't get along as well with some pedals and it would have been nice to know that before I bought them.

16. EdMan57

EdMan57 Member

Eruption!

:RoCkIn

:hide

Ed