Filter pedal help

Lek

Need help finding a filter pedal.
I need it to sweep regardless of whether I am picking or not - similar to what a flanger or phaser would do - where the effect sweeps and cycles through its range. The ones I have tried or listened to online start again when you pick or strum - I don't want a funky or quacking wah sound that reacts to my rhythm picking - but a continuous cycle (regardless of the picking action) - like electronic trance music / slowly turning a freq/filter knob on an analog synth.
Thanks

Silver

There is a setting on the Subdecay Prometheus that does exactly that. Basically an LFO sweeping the cutoff frequency like on a synth. You can get some really deep, slow sweeps on it. I think you can only get the DLX (more complex and expensive) version new these days, but I believe that can do it too, plus it has tap tempo.

Off the top of my head, I think one of the Source Audio pedals does it as well, the Manta, or Stingray I think.

ERGExplorer

Boss still makes the AW-3 Auto Wah, and Mooer has the Funky Monkey. The Funky Monkey is purely a cyclical wah, while the Boss AW-2 and AW-3 can do both the cyclical wah and dynamic wah thing. The AW-3 also has tap tempo.

The prices I've seen on the Boss AW-3 are $119 new and $50 used, while the Subdecay Prometheus Deluxe is $325 new and $250 used.

Multicellular

There is a setting on the Subdecay Prometheus that does exactly that. Basically an LFO sweeping the cutoff frequency like on a synth. You can get some really deep, slow sweeps on it. I think you can only get the DLX (more complex and expensive) version new these days, but I believe that can do it too, plus it has tap tempo.

Off the top of my head, I think one of the Source Audio pedals does it as well, the Manta, or Stingray I think.

Only 2 i can think of as well.

cubistguitar

I have the Source Audio Stingray and it does what you want and more. I like the LFO sweeping for me, but you can make some cool sounds where the LFO sweeps and it is effected by your picking. Saves 2 favorites too.

Adagietto

Silver Supporting Member
I have the Source Audio Stingray and it does what you want and more. I like the LFO sweeping for me, but you can make some cool sounds where the LFO sweeps and it is effected by your picking. Saves 2 favorites too.
Yep, and 24 tweakable filter variations, plus expression control. The LFO morphs between sine and square, plus does sawtooth and random. There should be a little something in there for everybody.

SmallStones

Silver Supporting Member
The SolidGold FX Funkzilla will do this as well and has different rhythmic patterns you can choose from. The Just Nick video is a good representation to see if its what you have in mind.

Yes, the Stingray let's you control the filter with an independent LFO, envelope follower (a.k.a auto wah), or with an expression pedal (like a wah wah). The LFO has a few different wave shapes and the speed can be controlled with tap tempo or the Speed knob.

Trending Topics