• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Finally....Chet shows us "Bad Attitude"

Stinky Kitty

Silver Supporting Member
A lot of technique in this one. Late on arrival but was I ever glad to stumble on it...one of my favorite solos of all-time. Thanks Chet! Off to the woodshed I go.

buddastrat

That's buzzy, nasty tone. I agree he should back down the gain a lot, and quit scooping all the mids out for so much distant, bumble bee swarm. I think he has too much open string ring going,. Kinda reminds me of Vernon Reid. I just prefer cleaner playing without all the ring under the swarm.

Last edited:

JonR

Feeding frenzy!!!:mad::D Yeah I think it sounds s*** too. Bunch of wasps in a jar (but sped up).

YMMV. Naturally. ;) (Guess I'm just too old... I clicked on this thread thinking "Chet Atkins"... boy was that a mistake :rolleyes:)

TeletoneH137

Haha, I thouhgt it was a Chet Atkins thread before I opened it too. Bit too much sustain for my tastes as well...... which distracts from any knowledge that can be gained for me regardless. YMMV

JonR

Of course, I should remember what Duke said (see below). But then I'm no saint....

Stinky Kitty

Silver Supporting Member
I thought the level of gain was also a bit much but this is likely done in his living room so I'm not terribly surprised. Lord only knows what he was using. I was just stoked to have finally had a chance to see how he created that wonderful solo to a highly underrated hair metal tune. FWIW, this was the fella Randy wanted to replace his teaching gig at mother Rhoads music store. Chet can play his arse off, no doubt about it. Solo hits at 2:34

gennation

"Just bouncing notes around..."

Seriously though, I always appreciate when guitarists sit down a show what they played. Somebody some where is trying to learn it.

Trending Topics