• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Finally Finished: My Pedalboard With Lavacable's Solderless Cables.

dank

Consummate Beatles Fan
Gold Supporting Member
I knew I couldn't go with soldered cables, as I was going to cut the cables to length as I went along. Last fall, Mark, of Lavacable, told me had new soldless plugs on the horizon that were superior to George L's. I did wait, and here is the finished product.

It's very easy to set up: two AC cables run from the board. Three Lavacable ELC's run to two amps and my wireless unit. The entire thing takes a couple of minutes to setup. Finally!

dank

Consummate Beatles Fan
Gold Supporting Member
The only one that is slightly out of kilter is the KOTB pedal. Not eough side to side space.

BluesHarp

Yea that bothered me 2! lol But it boils down to either needing one less pedal, or a bigger board. Pop out that KOTB and pop in a Fetto, that'll doit.

Groovey Records

Looks like you have a guitar for each pedal, How do you like the Epi Revolution ? Did you Mod it?

Nice Board, must of pulled a few hairs setting it up.

Woosh
Joe Tee

Grenville

Bring the Timmy right down to the front edge and you'll be able to straighten out the rest of the pedals... if you want to.

Quite a selection of drive and swirl there, very nice. I just got these Lava ELCs on my board myself, they do rock.

Ben C.

FWIW, I sold Fetto after getting KOTB. But Fetto is really good.
And I did the reverse! Luv my Fetto Dlx.
Anyway - nice board dank! But yea - everything is at odd angles to one-another, not just the KotB. Do a little clean up and then repost some pics ;)

dank

Consummate Beatles Fan
Gold Supporting Member
Pripism, my Lennon Revolution is completely stock, and it's fabulous! For the rest of you, you're a tough bunch! Remember two things:

1. The pedals may be a bit off kilter, but the operating switch is round; so, anyway you move the pedal, the switch is a constant!

2. Who is going to see it but me? :rolleyes:

missing_dave

NICE !! feels great when you get her all up and running..nice looking board!
im actually taking a break from soldering the ELC's as we speak ill post a pic as well...

enjoy the board...............till you decide you need something else..;)

Ben C.

Pripism, my Lennon Revolution is completely stock, and it's fabulous! For the rest of you, you're a tough bunch! Remember two things:

1. The pedals may be a bit off kilter, but the operating switch is round; so, anyway you move the pedal, the switch is a constant!

2. Who is going to see it but me? :rolleyes:
Whatever works for you!

Personally, I like order... my books lined up on a shelf with the labels in the same direction, post-it notes not piled on top of each other, shoes paired and neat, not in a pile, etc.. You'll find people in both camps, and I think you've just found some people who like things a little more neat than you. I mean, you went through the trouble of paying out the butt for a nice board, and hiding all the wiring to make it look neat... it just seems weird then that you didn't take the next step and... actually make it look neat.

Who's going to see it but you? - How about all the people for whom you posted pictures of it on the internet to see? :p

dank

Consummate Beatles Fan
Gold Supporting Member
Actually, I have a Box of Rock on the way. What to do? What to do?

sega

Nice Startouch ABY...

My pedal are not on a pedal-board yet...but i'm waiting to get all of them
before starting this project.
I'm getting a Retro-Chorus somtimes this week.

Nice Job.

dank

Consummate Beatles Fan
Gold Supporting Member
Ben, actually, I am a neatnik. Most likely, I'll give the board a once over when I have time, but right now, I am really pleased that the signal passes through each pedal fine, and it is SO quiet. Mark, you've created a great plug and cable combination.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom