Finally gave in and ordered an Electrajet....

moredirt

Plays Like Butter Member
Silver Supporting Member
A decision you will never regret. Amazing instruments, quite versatile. The p-90 versions are the best. You might want to consider getting the fralin p-90 w/ the 10% overwind in the bridge. I've played both multiple times (grosh vs. fralin) and the Fralins are so sweet. Also preferred by at least 2 dealers I know of.
Either way, you will love this guitar.

You will love your guitar. I've had a standard for 4-5 months and haven't really played any of my other electrics since.

I am interested in the pickup issue, I love the G90s in mine but they seem to have a quick transition btwn clean and mean, seems like I really have to finesse the vol knob to get the tone I want with pedals (i.e., not overload them). I play mainly clean to low, ragged gain, altcountryish type tones. I'd love to try a lower output P-90 (this is my first P-90 guitar) but I'd hate to lose the cleans of the groshes -- nice round full cleans with the ability to get a bit of twang.

tele_phil

One is great and the other is super duper great!

Yeah...that sums it up. The 327 splits a little nicer in my opinion. I have the 302's and the split nice, but after playing a friend's EJ with SSH (Fat 60's and 327) I think the 327 sounds better split. It's also slightly hotter / higher gain than the 302. I may put a 327 in the bridge on my EJ. The 302 in the neck position is wonderfully full, warm, and articulate with a tonal range that I just love. I won't be changing that.

CyberFerret

To summarise, the 327 pickup on the bridge position of my EJ gives me the perfect 'Angus Young' crunch that I was after. Even better than my SG, Les Paul or PRS Mira does...

JeffreyC

Thanks guys - dang it, now you got me thinking about an HB in the bridge....

I've got an email in to Brent.

JeffreyC

Bump for excitement....

I decided to stick with 2 P90's and a 10% overwound in the bridge - thanks to whoever suggested it....I do prefer a hotter bridge pickup.

Any other black EJ's out there?? Pics?

:banana:banana

CyberFerret

That's cool JeffreyC - I've never though about getting an overwound P-90. Actually, I've never realised you COULD do that!?

You should sign up on the Grosh forums too - plenty of helpful owners on there.

I'm looking forward to pics! :aok

Here's a pic of a beautiful P-90 EJ that was uploaded to the Grosh forums by a new user yesterday...

1210083842_d5E5r-L.jpg

OLIE J

Bump for excitement....

I decided to stick with 2 P90's and a 10% overwound in the bridge - thanks to whoever suggested it....I do prefer a hotter bridge pickup.

Any other black EJ's out there?? Pics?

:banana:banana

Good decision! Hard to beat a P-90 equipped ElectraJet. Still loving mine after a year and a half.

Last edited:

burningyen

That's cool JeffreyC - I've never though about getting an overwound P-90. Actually, I've never realised you COULD do that!?

You should sign up on the Grosh forums too - plenty of helpful owners on there.

I'm looking forward to pics! :aok

Here's a pic of a beautiful P-90 EJ that was uploaded to the Grosh forums by a new user yesterday...

1210083842_d5E5r-L.jpg
That is just a lovely guitar.

sixtycycle

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats on the new guitar. Can't help you on the black EJ pic, but here's my cream one..:)

Last edited:

Long2Play

Silver Supporting Member
Surprised Long2Play hasn't chimed in.

Sorry guys! I have been really busy with my teaching gig (82 students a week currently) and have been just watching the Grosh Forum. The 327 was designed to sound really good with the Grosh single coils and split really well. I have Fat60/Fat60/327 in my Retro and it is marvelous! It is designed to be a bridge pickup and works great with the 302 in the neck position as well. The G90/G90/G90 overwound set up will be killer, IMO. Fantastic set up!

:)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom