Finally, got to play the Axe II!!!!!

riffy

AMAZING! Honestly, AMAZING sounding...

I was one of the earliest adopters of the Axe-FX, thanks to Cliff Chase himself.
I thought that unit was great itself... I was an early evangelist of that unit.

This one though, I believe it is running on 9.01 04 9.02 software? Anyway, I got to give it a real go today and loved it... Now mind you, I own a Kemper now, and I will say, that this new firmware in the Axe II, is as realistic as the Kemper is...

Do they sound different? Yes. Do they both sound great? Yes. Do they both sound like great amps recorded? YES!

I could easily make a living with either unit... There is no need for argument, they are simply both great items... But Cliff, you have done an OUTSTANDING
job with the AXE II.

Gary

Last edited:

Scott Peterson

TGP Co-Founder and Administrator
Staff member
:aok

Having played both products that enter this discussion, I totally agree with you - either of the two higher end boxes (KPA and AFXII) do the job *exceptionally* well.

X-Mann

AMAZING! Honestly, AMAZING sounding...

I was one of the earliest adopters of the Axe-FX, thanks to Cliff Chase himself.
I thought that unit was great itself... I was an early evangelist of that unit.

This one though, I believe it is running on 9.01 04 9.02 software? Anyway, I got to give it a real go today and loved it... Now mind you, I own a Kemper now, and I will say, that this new firmware in the Axe II, is as realistic as the Kemper is...

Do they sound different? Yes. Do they both sound great? Yes. Do they both sound like great amps recorded? YES!

I could easily make a living with either unit... There is no need for argument, they are simply both great items... But Cliff, you have done an OUTSTANDING
job with the AXE II.

Gary
Great review Gary & I envy you son!!!!! Owning one of these units would be cool, but owning BOTH is just priceless!!!!

Gary for the win!!!!!!!

Peace! X

weathertite

Thanks for the excellent review..... And adding even more to my G.A.S. to upgrade from the Ultra to the II. :))
Peace, out
Ed

Trending Topics

Top Bottom