Finally landed the BBB07

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by steadygarcia, Jun 20, 2008.

1. steadygarcia

steadygarcia Member

Just bought a BBB07 on the 'bay for $199. That a good price? Apparently it's mint, no velcro, etc. Not that I care whether it has velcro or not, but there ya go.

2. flyingvees

flyingvees Member

Yeah I think they were 279.00 new...I wish I still had mine but had to sell in a pinch...Great and very flexible...

3. smogfalls

smogfalls Member

good price. The run of the BB'07's last summer were $179. Thats when I got mine and I haven't looked back since! But the more recent run of them (last month I believe were far more expensive...probably around $279 as stated above. $199 is definately a fair price for such a great pedal!

4. Andre357

Andre357 Member

I',m sure this has been answered elswhere........but do you guys know how they compare to a 200 LB ( which I love ) ?

Just curious.....

Thanks.

5. jb1911

jb1911 Member

I paid $275 for mine, but I find the resale value is under $200. That's ok with me cause I'm not selling it. As far as a comparison between it and the 200 lbs, the only thing in common is they are both fuzzes. The BBB sounds like a germanium fuzz and is the most versatile fuzz I have ever played through except maybe the Screwdriver. The 200 lbs is a silicone fuzz and is not so versatile. They both sound great, but they sound nothing alike.

6. Andre357

Andre357 Member

Thanks for the reply. That answers my question...

7. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

The main difference I found between the two pedals (200 lb & BBB) is the versitility. The 200 lbs is bigger sounding, and definitely can get you that "200 lb violin" tone, but has a narrower range of tones possible. The BBB, I believe, has both a silicon and germanium chip inside, and a knob for each one, so you can mix them together. One knob will get you trebly, biting fuzz tones, while the other gives you low-ended wooly fuzz - mix the two together to your liking and you can get a huge variety of different fuzz tones, you can even make it sound like a wooly OD! The cleanup with the guitar volume knob is also much better with the BBB IMO, which is the main reason I like the BBB better. Set up properly, I can go from blown-out wooly power fuzz to a very clean, sparkly tone, all with a twist of a knob on my guitar. Really great for dialing in lead tones on the fly, and for changing lead tones in the middle of a solo.

8. 69mojostrat

69mojostrat Member

can the bbb07 do muff tones? gilmore sounds from like "the wall" ?

9. VoodooBlues

VoodooBlues Member

I thought they were capable of sounding very similar with the right settings. The BBB 07 just sounded slightly more harmonically complex though so I prefer it over the 200 lbs. Plus, I thought it did a better violin type tone than the 200 lbs. It's a great pedal. It's pretty much tied with my Analogman Sunface as far as my favorite vintage sounding fuzz.

No, it won't do muff tones. It can be a nice treble booster or vintage sounding fuzz face.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  10. XKnight

XKnight Member

Having owned both pedals my opinion is that they have completely different tones. The BBB07 is the most versatile fuzz I have ever tried and all the various settings sound excellent. It does fuzz, treble booster and OD tones, The 200lbs excels at one thing and that is the so called "violin tone" with gobs of sustain.

11. jb1911

jb1911 Member

I agree with this totally. The 200 doesn't really sound that great unless everything is maxed. The BBB07 has tons of great sounding settings.