1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Finally ordered a Kar Krash

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by whoismarykelly, Oct 14, 2006.

1. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

After however many months I finally ordered a Menatone kar Krash from pedalgeek. There are pretty much no sound samples of this pedal on the net but I figure Ill probably be able to get something good out of it, besides I have a space to fill :)

2. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Sweet, Ive wanted one for quite some time now! They dont have them in stock though do they? Id love to hear some clips after! Cheers.

Marko M.

3. whoismarykelly

Menatone doesnt make them anymore and hasnt for a while. According to pedalgeek's website they have it in stock and their website is reported to be very accurate.

4. guitardude5

guitardude5 Member

I emailed Brian Mena about a month ago. I asked about the Howie and King of the Britains. He said he was going to be making them again around December. That's really good news. Those are some really cool pedals. I came close to pulling the trigger on the KK, but only got the Howie and KOTB. Great quality stuff!

5. whoismarykelly

I heard something about the new ones being different than the first run somehow. Maybe they were going to be PCB or something? I dont care though, Id just like to give this pedal a shot and hopefully the in stock assessment was correct on the PG website.

6. menatone

menatone Member

The King will return in November.
    the Workingmans Blue and the Top Boost in a Can in December.

Keep an eye on www.menatone.com for pictures and info in the next
    week or so.

brian
    menatone

7. whoismarykelly

So do you know if Pedalgeek did still have a Kar Krash or if any of your dealers still have kar krashes? Didnt you only make 100? So many questions... Will there be any differences in your new runs?

8. guitardude5

guitardude5 Member

Dang, I sold my Howie (and a bunch of other gear) to get some extra cash for my wife to go back to school. When I emailed about a power consumption question I also asked about availablity for the King and Howie. The response was " the new versions will be available for christmas." Maybe I should have held off if the Howies not going to be around. I figured I would get another one when the time was right. Oh well... I guess I'll go the second hand route. Way cool pedal... I just got rid of almost all my OD pedals. Nothing against that pedal AT ALL!

9. whoismarykelly

The only "overdrive" pedal I have is a micro amp. I usually just use amp gain to get all my sounds but Im considering getting a clean head so Im thinking the Kar Krash could be a cool preamp as well as an overdirve pedal. Im digging the full tonestack with presence too.

10. Ken

Ken Member

Will the Kar Krash ever be made again?

11. Rollo Timbre

Rollo Timbre Member

I've been enjoying mine for about the last year-and-a-half. To me it kind of has a dash of WMB and TBIAC mixed together, with a bit more touch sensitivity.

12. whoismarykelly

13. dbx

dbx Member

I think PG is pretty good about stock levels, you should have received a confirming email that the pedal was either picked packed and shipped or is on a backorder status...if the site showed in stock and not "get on waiting list for email of new stock" I think you're pretty good...lucky for you...it really is a nice OD, not quite the other Menatones I've tried: RS, WMB, and FF...enjoy it!

14. whoismarykelly

This will be the only overdrive on my big ambient indy rick board so I like the statements that its really versatile as well as really good sounding. Im truely hyped. It always takes a few weeks or so to justify one of the super expensive pedals on the market. Hopefully this doesnt get me into overdrive...

15. whoismarykelly

Just got an email that its shipping tomorrow!

16. STORM

STORM Silver Supporting Member

Looks like you got the last one from Pedal Geek! Good Catch!:AOK

17. whoismarykelly

The web site still says its in stock but what if its serial number 100. that would be cool. Almost as cool as the ringtone I got that was dated my birthday.

18. whoismarykelly

Ok I know Im posting a lot in this thread but delivery is expected in a few measly hours and Im pumped!

19. whoismarykelly

So funny story, I get the pedal thinking it will look like the one on the web site but no. Its reverse which is actually the color scheme of my favorite komet head. Instead of this:
    [​IMG]
    I got this:
    [​IMG]

20. Ken

Ken Member

Why isn't the Kar Krash being made any more?