1. During the first week of August 2020, we'll be upgrading the software TGP runs on to the currently available up-to-date version. The software version is a significant upgrade, so there will be some downtime as we do the work under the hood. We've got a team of professionals, including the software development company assisting the process. We've conducted substantial tests using backups of the current forum to ensure a smooth and successful upgrade. We've gone to great lengths on the design of the theme (aka 'skin' or look and feel) of the forum to offer a better user experience for members and visitors. The default theme will be new, yet clearly influenced by the classic TGP look. We will have a dark version of that also easily selectable. Also available will be a "Classic TGP" theme that closely matches the current theme you are accustomed to using with the current software. There is also an easy width adjustment to make it set width or expand to your window width for each theme. As we get closer, I'll update everyone so hopefully, no one will be caught by surprise.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally some Kemper news for NAMM 2019

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Ingolf, Jan 21, 2019.

1. rburkard

rburkard Gold Supporting Member

The new Kemper cabs might be obsolete already with the appearance of the Celestion F12-200X. Have tested one now for several weeks now and think it is all I wood ever need for a non sterile reproduction of my Kemper profiles. Feels like a real guitar speaker with all the musical feedback you’d expect and truly representing your profiles. Awesome product. Don’t need anything more now. Perfect sound.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    MKB and TommyGuitar like this.
  2. RolandKorg

RolandKorg Member

I was gonna say: i hate green. And if they wanted a traditional looking cab, as they seem to here, they should have engraved the logo on a (smaller) 'brass' diamond-shaped plate. That woulda been classy. Real classy.

JiveTurkey likes this.
  3. Yam the BOMB

Yam the BOMB Silver Supporting Member

I bet that is just a re-branded Mission Engineering cab. Great cabs but already on the market.

4. Chris-7777

Chris-7777 Member

Is that what Kemper thinks are the most pressing things on the product roadmap? More reverbs and yet another cab on the market? Raise your hand if that’s what you’ve been waiting for.

DigitalTube and ejeffreyhorn like this.
  5. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Member

6. Watt McCo

Watt McCo Member

The mission includes a selection of speaker imprints (i.e., a selection of speaker profiles/models)?

What would be more pressing? Power cab is the only thing in town in this vein.

7. guitarno

guitarno Supporting Member

What type (size) cab do you have it loaded into? These speakers sound intriguing, and I am toying with the idea of building a pair of small cabs to hold them. I'm trying to figure out what dimensions would work for this speaker.

8. mattt67

mattt67 Member

For me the cab is the next step for guitar modelers. Something that truly sounds like a guitar cab, but which gives you the ability to change speakers on the fly.
    That’s what the Powercab is supposed to do as well. I was planning to buy one, or see what Line 6 has to offer for NAMM. But know I’ll strongly consider this.
    If Kemper’s cab imprint is as good as their profiles , this could be killer!

csweldon likes this.
  9. blandified

blandified Supporting Member

I have only ever bought combo amps before. If I wanted to try the Celestion F12-200X speaker, what cab do I buy to put it in?

10. Watt McCo

Watt McCo Member

If you want it to sound as intended, you build the one that matches it's T/S parameters. If you just want something "that sounds good" - trial and error.

11. blandified

blandified Supporting Member

I really don't know what the T/S parameters mean but I will look into it. So when Celestion releases a speaker, how do they recommend people use them? DIY cabs or do I buy a pre-built one somewhere and throw it in? Sorry for my ignorance of this lol

12. Watt McCo

Watt McCo Member

This speaker is intended to provide a flat response, which requires a cabinet properly tuned to the speaker. I believe they have provided example dimensions/port size. If you just slap in any ol' thing the Bottom end is likely to be ragged and not flat. In which case, I don't get the point in trying to use an "FRFR".

Viabcroce likes this.
  13. rburkard

Right now I have one speaker installed in a Mojotone Slammins 112. Will receive a few more this week that I will put into 212 Landry diagonal cab and into a 412 Swanson cab. All cabs are closed back designs.

14. rburkard

A Kemper floor version is what I really would like to see. Just needs perform mode.

frankencat, jbp, AZG and 1 other person like this.
  15. Vintage Corpse Reviews

Vintage Corpse Reviews Member

So now I buy a fake amp and a fake cab to sound like a real amp and a real cab?

Sonnyducks, ucnick, KeLynne and 10 others like this.
  16. Watt McCo

Watt McCo Member

Variax users only, please.

ucnick, Madmax25, KeLynne and 6 others like this.
  17. teofilrocks

teofilrocks Supporting Member

Kinda like when applying filters to digital photos to make them look like Polaroids got popular? Society has much more where that came from.

dickjonesify and Viabcroce like this.
  18. Lord N

Lord N Member

scotth likes this.
  19. Deuterium

Deuterium Member

I guess another way to look at it would be that you would be buying a real amp (powered KPA) and a real cab (pretty sure this Kemper cabinet features a speaker) that also has the unique ability to sound exactly like thousands of different tube amp / cab combinations.

Miketheslav likes this.
  20. Noise Under The Floor

Noise Under The Floor Silver Supporting Member

"In the drag of this atmosphere" (Maryland)