finger ease?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by mrfjones, Dec 19, 2005.

1. mrfjones

mrfjones Member

Has anyone used this product? My soon to be brother in law wants some for christmas but i don't want to get him anything that will harm his guitar in the future. If it makes a difference, he is more of the shredder sort than I am so I have never needed a string lubricant. thanks for your opinions guys.

2. CharlieNC

CharlieNC Member

i've been using GHS FastFret for years. makes my strings last longer, keeps them clean, makes the neck faster, and keeps the fingerboard nice and dark(rosewood). and one can lasts practically forever. downsides... not any really. i even like the smell.

i'm sure Finger Ease is in the same vein. i mean, how many things can you really put on a guitar neck without screwing it up? it's perfectly safe unless he has some freak allergic reaction to it ;)

3. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

It builds up some gunk on the fretboard but not too bad. Many folks get good results with no buildup by spraying it on their fingers instead of their strings.

4. mrfjones

mrfjones Member

cool thanks guys

5. bigroy

bigroy Member

I've used it for over 25 years. The secret is to apply a small amount, and then I take a quick swipe down the neck with a cloth.

They changed the formula several years ago, probably for environmental reasons with the propellant, but it's not as heavy as it used to be, which is an improvement.

It does keep the strings a little cleaner, and they seem to last longer, although I change mine after about 8 hours of gigging. I've never seen it harm anything, with the exception of a cupful of Bud Light that got it the path of the spray about 10 years ago. Cheers!!