Firebird Mini/Single coil mutt. Kitchen table prototype #1

ModdersAnon

My inner mad scientist is showing.

Continued from this thread.
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/1487654

Had to do a bit of grinding on the Mini frame so the lead wires had some room. Modifications to the single coil base so it would sit in the mini frame in a slanted fashion.

How The single sits in the mini frame. Since the Firebird can get "boomy" sounding at times on the wound strings, I might try the pickup in a reverse slant as well.

Since this single coil has staggered pole pieces, its a bit too tall for the cover to fit over it correctly. Just taped closed for now. The pickup I've been looking at for final assembly has straight pole pieces and from the dimensions, should fit and allow me to solder the cover to the frame.

Still have to wire a 250K tone and volume control in the bird, then wire the mutt pickup in there. Might do it tonight, If I've got time. :rockin

ModdersAnon

Well, I Finally got it installed last night. It's at a reverse angle(closer to bridge on wound strings)

I'm really liking the tone on the unwound strings, though the bottom "E" seems a little thin, although only tried it through my Pro Jr.

I might flip the pickup around for a proper Strat style angle or possibly even straight to see what It sounds like.

Trending Topics