1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Firebird X on Conan!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by SGNick, May 18, 2011.

1. SGNick

SGNick Member

I was watching last night, the episode where he interview Norm MacDonald (What a brilliant interview that was, I love Norm!) And I noticed that Jimmy Vivino was playing a Firebird X! I guess Gibson is still moving ahead with this project!

Nothing Paradigm shifting about the sound of it though...

2. Devin

Devin Low Voltage Supporting Member

Spotted that too. I don't think they're ugly. Vivino is a good player, I've seen every guitar possible in his hands and he always sounds good.

3. Flinto2002

Flinto2002 Senior Member

pretty sure Jimmy got that for free plus some other choice gibsons, probably just doing Henry & Co a solid by playing that piece of crap live. I bet he missed his regular guitars all night.

4. carson072

carson072 Supporting Member

I'd play one if they gave it to me for free, why not?

5. JPF

JPF Member

I prefer to think that Henry J lent it to Vivino for the spot on Conan, with a last-minute stage whisper "be careful with it - you break it, you bought it".

6. supa-fuzz

supa-fuzz Member

Its hideous, saw it again last night. I always dug seeing what vintage axe he would use each night, now...I guess it pays the bills at TBS, take any ad money they can get.