Firehawk (or any Line 6 device really) to PA question

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by benxiwf, May 9, 2015.

1. benxiwf

benxiwf Member

Hi all, I know there is a simple answer to this and an answer to this somewhere here but I can't seem to dig up a straight answer. I just got a Firehawk and want to connect it to pa with the XLR out. I also want to connect it to a FRFR monitor. Are you guys connecting to the monitor and then the monitor output to the pa? Or do you take a left output to monitor and right output to pa? This seems to not make sense to me completely in either scenario.

2. B Money

B Money Member

I run my effects unit in mono and connect the Right output to PA, and the Left output to a powered monitor.

3. benxiwf

benxiwf Member

Ok so there's no way to run direct to a monitor and house in stereo?

4. MLG Audio

MLG Audio Member

That would depend on the monitor you are using. The wsc k series has direct outs for both inputs so you could maintain your stereo signal through the speaker into the pa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. B Money

B Money Member

My band never runs the PA in stereo anyway, so it doesn't matter to me.

6. tkachuk07

tkachuk07 Member

Just run left mono XLR to your powered monitor & then the monitor should have an XLR out & run that to the PA.

You would need to use the XLR L & R for stereo effects. You would need two monitors to get the stereo effect for yourself & a stereo PA system to try and get the stereo effect to the audience. General rule is stick with mono for live playing, as it's difficult to actually get stereo to work for the audience in a live setting.