1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Firepod Noise Issues???

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by jokerjkny, Mar 28, 2005.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

hey all,

been loving my Presonus Firepod, but it seems that there's some computer noise coming thru the monitors.

anyone else experiencing this? should i take my Firepod back?

2. LSchefman

LSchefman Member

I don't have a firepod, but sometimes a ground loop can cause the pickup of computer noise or line noise.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

thx for responding, les...

going out of my mind trying to find the cause. any kitchen remedies for getting rid of it?

dont think there's a ground/lift button on the firepod. :(

4. Jeff Flowerday

Jeff Flowerday Member

5. MichaelK

MichaelK Member

Depends on what "computer noise" means. You have to isolate what is causing the noise. Substitute pieces of gear one at a time, troubleshoot. If it is the Firepod, make sure you swap it out within your warranty period. One day outside and you're S.O.L.

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

FYI,

i can only describe the sound as a "buzzing" when i move my mouse.

7. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

That's electro-magnetic radiation. When you move the mouse it's updating the screen. Try this test. Find a really long website that has plenty of scroll-bar resource with a maximized window. Use the page up and page down or the arrow keys to scroll. If you hear the same noise you're getting emr from the monitor.

I have the same issue. i have not tried this solution but supposedly those clip-on rf adapters (like you see on computer power peripheral power supplies) supposedly help.

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

nice,

thx jack. i'll give it a go when i get home.