firewire to usb?

myaudiodna

I was just given a new Macbook as a gift, but it doesn't have a firewire port on it and I use an Apogee Duet for recording, which is firewire only. Is there a firewire to usb adaptor out there somewhere that will let me use this with my new macbook?

beerijuana

The way they each handle data is so different, I doubt it would work with a AD/DA device. USB is "host based", firewire is "peer to peer".

Nelson89

I don't think there really is a solution...thats probably one of the reasons why the new Duet is USB

Nelson89

My advice is to see if there's any way you could take it in and pay the difference between that and a macbook pro....dunno what its like in America, but it's sort of a no brainer here because the difference between a macbook and a macbook pro 13" is only about $150, thats cheaper than a new duet

myaudiodna

Unfortunately that isn't possible as it was purchased as a refurb from a local dealer. It's looking more and more like I'm just SOL.

re-animator

won't work. the only workaround is an express card with TI firewire for laptops with express slots. don't think the MB has that.

Trending Topics