1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

First 10 Komet KF50's thread

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Four_Horsemen, Nov 19, 2005.

1. KF50 #9 has arrived :dude: Got here while I was running errands, haven't opened the box yet. It's like Christmas morning. Gonna make a pot of coffee and rip the box open and bond with my new friend. I'll post pics and a report later today. Would love to see other's pics and reports here too.

Let's make this the official "First KF50's" thread so we can keep track of the 1st 10 that have been shipped to their new owners.
    :cool:

Peace,

Dave Lizmi

2. martins3325

martins3325 Supporting Member

Ok OK quit playing it and post a pic already! lol ..Im dying for mine to get here! Throw me a bone here! :D

3. CPA

CPA Member

I have #6

PERFECTION!

4. ButchR

ButchR Komet Player Gold Supporting Member

OK, I'm not gonna be jealous! But, I am a liar!:D

5. EL34

EL34 Silver Supporting Member

6. martins3325

Beautiful!! What number? Sound impressions?

7. CPA

CPA Member

Hey Butch,

Did you get yours yet?

8. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

These sound like they are going to be great amps! So, who is going to be the first to gig with one of these? M.E.

9. EL34

EL34 Silver Supporting Member

Mine is number K07. I spent about 3 hours with it yesterday with various guitars and cabs. As expected, it sounds best through a 4x12 with greenbacks.....(duh). Mine came with sweet preamp tubes and the normal svetlana outputs....I haven't sprung for the Mullard EL34s, but I might pick some up later. The OD tone is glorious (and loud) with a tight low end, even on the gradual setting. The cleans are extremely good too, which surprised me a bit. I guess the three qualities of the amp that jump out at me are clarity, harmonic richness, and that sweet tight cello-like low end. The amp is visually striking in person....I'm definitely going to need a tolex box to take it to gigs....I can't see myself taking this wooden box out of the house.

Overall, I'd say that KF and the Komet guys knocked it out of the park! :dude

10. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Impressions on the sonic differences between the K50, K60 and K30?

11. 57gold

57gold Silver Supporting Member

Just inserted closely matched Mullard EL 34s xf2s....0.3 milli amps apart, Winiwatt labeled bought from KCA a couple of years ago.

Mullard in V1, Tele in V2 and RCA in V3 from Ultrasound. Have Bugle Boys, Mullards (various vintages) and Brimars to test out.

Impressions when I can crank her up, homework and exams keep it quiet this weekend....along with a quick trip from Tampa to the Seminole Hard Rock in Hollywwod, FL to hear Bruce unplugged gig.

First Bruce live show for me...intense guy and powerful voice...the guy needs guitar lessons and should give up his blues numbers, though...musically monotonous with droning guitar, rudimentary slide and screaming into a crappy mic with too much echo...left early, but glad to see him. Little Steven and Clarence guested for a tune. Surprise appearence made the crowd crazy.

An exciting event at a great facility...great bands outside in the Paradise area and tons of folks out for a party!

12. CPA

CPA Member

Try Brimar in 1
    Bugle Boy in 2
    Mullard in 3

and you are rockin!

:D

13. oxtone

oxtone Member

Four Horse,

Wow, what a gourgeous amp! I bet it sounds as good as it looks...:D

14. 57gold

57gold Silver Supporting Member

....with 1958 Strat and, just as Hogy said, the thing loves Strats.

Think Calpton's first solo album with the in between (bridge/middle) setting, but with a powerful bass foundation. This may be the most harmonically complete amp on the planet with the mids and sparkle of a Wreck Express supported by a powerful and clear (not flabby at all) bottom end.

In fact, the clarity and articulation without harshness and note definition on every fret is simply amazing. Only turned it up to 12 00, this thing has substantial gain...much more than K60. I'm going to take out my 1959 Es 335 and see what it does with PAFs.

15. Mook

Mook Senior Member

#4 here, with a Mullard in V1, Philips in V2, and Telefunken in V3. My outputs are "C" chinese.

I only had about 15 minutes with it last night, but first impression is incredible.

Yep....huge bottom end. Tons of drive. This might overtake my Constellation as my #1.

This amp is golden.

Mook

16. hogy

hogy Member

Those "Flying C" logos are original Svetlanas.

Glad to hear everybody's digging the amp so far.

Hogy

17. Mook

Mook Senior Member

If I'm not mistaken, tho, I think my EL34s say "made in China".....

Mook

18. martins3325

So far we have 6 of the 10 spoken for here:
    Me: #2
    57Gold; #3
    Mook: #4
    CPA: #6
    EL34: #7
    4Horse: #9
    Any other gearpagers got one commin? Post a pic of yours if you would..mine will arrive tommorow hopefully.

19. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

Sterling, VA (not far from Washington DC)
    Cool, I provided a lot of these tubes to Gene at Ultrasound for a Komet production run...possibly this one.;)

20. v-verb

v-verb Supporting Member

Cool - I have to ask - how does it compare to Ingrid?