First BJF Pedal comming(Baby Pink Booster)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 58lespaulman, Dec 1, 2005.

1. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

You know how much I like Boosters, well I grabbed a BJF Baby Pink Booster, someone told me it's an awesome booster, one of the best.

2. Mojoman

Mojoman Supporting Member

Oh man.....I havent tried that BJF yet, but I got my first BJF pedal about 2 weeks ago (a SBEQ) and now own 3 and have one more on the way! Check out the thread on the SYT.
    Like it is said there.....they are like crack!

3. johan

johan Member

Had one many years ago when they first came out. Really early one. I miss it. Really good booster with a great buffer. Some day...

4. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I cannot wait, I was told by a few people that it nails the Klon's klean boost better than any other booster out their.

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net

5. drolling

drolling Member

I've noticed that most players who claim that some pedal they've discovered "nails" or even out-performs the klon don't actually own one. The die-hard, loyal klon users will usually claim that "nothing" else can do what it can.

Do you have one to compare directly to the incoming BJF?

It's funny, but when the klon first came out, I swore I'd never drop that kinda dough on a pedal, but I could have a box of them for money I've blown on booster/OD pedals over the years.

And now, I don't think twice about paying several hundred bucks for a pedal. Hanging @ TGP has changed my perspective to the point that I equate Fulltone with Boss. I know he makes top-notch 'boutique' gear (I've got some on my board), but the last few stompers I've picked up were hand built just for me!

Got a couple BJFs and the list is growing, so please do a review for us when it arrives.

6. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

The Baby Pink was 'born' as a gift for the buyer of the 100th Baby Blue OD ( like the Little Green Emphaser was for the 100th DRD...) and it took off from there....

Its still a great booster ( tho most people opt for the SBEQ or Red Rooster these days)...

It does have an excellent buffer and also does phase flipping for using multiple amps or channels that might be out of phase.....but this does nothing unless your using more than one line.....

It boosts about the difference most people use when adjusting from rhythym level backing a vocalist/soloist to soloing out front

Some boosts can be a little brash or offensive in the high treble - BPB has just the right headroom for a simple 'more' boost while maintaining the integrity of the original signal....

I discovered during the first Clean Boost roundup a few years ago that the BPB is very close to the Klon with gain on 9 oclock (Klean;) ) about 98% ,,, sitting in a quiet room with a strat into a silverface deluxe reverb the Klon has a hair more headroom sparkle.......I doubt most people would hear it , certainly not with a band;)

The BPB is now discontinued as the RRB and SBEQ have supplanted most of its reason for being, but its the only one that has the bufffer ( well the Little Red Trebler did too but its also sitting on the bench at the moment ...)

Some wonder who would pay $200+ for a clean boost ---- but if you use your Klon only for its klean boost with the treble set to unity, then the BPB is a bargain and its alot smaller :cool:

7. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Thank you DonneR, that was an awesome discription and story.. I probably bought the last one. I bought it from Tonefactor.com, so I'm so glad I got the last one.

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net

8. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I heard from another forum member that he runs his Baby Pink with a 18 volt power supply, and that even gives it more headroom. Has anybody else tried this?

9. Don Rusk

Yes , thanks for the reminder ~~~

the little difference between the Klean and the BPB is the Klon runs internally on 18v (the external 9v is doubled internally) and has the extra headroom 'sheen'....

so yeah you can close that gap further if you like ---- I actually prefer the BPB stock as I have enough highend already and its boost is just right - 'appropriate' is good word for it :cool:

10. PlexiBreath

PlexiBreath Member

I haven't tried the Baby Pink Booster, but Bjorn is at the top of the pedal building craft. In electronic musical instrument design, like amps and pedals, it has to be a blend of the scientist and the chef, Bjorn is exactly that. I'm sure the Baby Pink Booster will boost very well in a very pinkish and babytorial manner!

11. Don Rusk

Oh your welcome, thanks for the reminder! I had mine sittin on the side for awhile as I changed my rig around .....

I used to use the BPB at the end of the chain after a splitter into the non-reverb channel of my Deluxe Reverb as a solo boost - it works great as it corrects the phase between the two and it just boosts the guitar without boosting the reverb.... Im just using regular stereo at the moment and have been meaning to add the Pink channel option again;) thanks