First clip with my new (to me) Axe II, Mark Day "Photograph" patch

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
Well, several people have asked me to post something, most certainly to hear the Axe and not my noodling, so here is my first clip with the Axe II. It is a Mark Day patch off of the Axe Change, hope he doesn't mind as it would be a HELL of a lot better if it was him playing instead of my fat-fingered self! The backing track is off of youtube.

I was not going to post it in this section because so many of you guys literally are "Pro's" in every sense of the word..and I am the farthest thing from it. I am "new" to lots of things involved in this, even though I have had modelers since there were modelers. Mostly computer-based, DAW recording is my biggest hangup. I have no idea what I am doing, so there are no edits, no over dubs, no "multi-" tracking, hell as you can tell, the "mix" isn't even worth a damn, but it "seemed" fine in my room last night! hahahahah

So it is pretty hard to post things here in front of all you bad ass players, but his was "mostly" in the same key, but of course there are lots of "clams" as Mark calls them, and I was stupid and was using my wireless which turns out to be a pretty bad idea, as it was dropping out and the batteries certainly needed to be changed out, my cat was decidedly unhappy about me not paying attention to him, so he was out to sabotage me, and the phone wouldn't stop ringing, but overall, for me, it was still "pretty good"..:nuts

So remember all that when/if you can stand to listen..I would like to say it got better as the backing track kept playing, but probably not! hahahah:rimshot

Anyway, I am loving my Axe II, even though I cannot really do anything more with it yet other than load patches and turn it on and off.

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/birdie_in_texas/another-birdie-finger-killer[/SOUNDCLOUD]

kyolic

Same here. It is not possible to evaluate the tone because it so low in the mix.

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
Sounds great but wish the guitar was up a bit more in the mix. :aok
What guitar did you use?

Thank you! It was my cheapy PRS SE with EMG's..:rockin:banana

and yeah, I do not even know how to "fix" how low the guitar track is..

I hate being a total newb..:messedup

Scott Peterson

Co-Founder of TGP and Administrator
Staff member
Turn up the guitar track in the mix. It's buried - sounds like a John Sykes mix from the 80s' Whitesnake albums in terms of where it is.

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
Turn up the guitar track in the mix. It's buried - sounds like a John Sykes mix from the 80s' Whitesnake albums in terms of where it is.

My problem is I of course move the sliders in the program right? Simple! Except that what started off too loud to me in the monitors, comes out like you hear really low now? I have no clue what I am doing wrong, or at what point in the process I am doing it..! ARGH..!!

So frustrating..

I am going to try it from a different PC this weekend..I am dedicated to at least learning enough to "un-bury" the guitar track so even more mistakes will be heard! hahahaha

stratzrus

Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B
Gold Supporting Member
Something I learned a long time ago.

Don't apologize for your playing, just play and let it stand for itself, good or bad.

Mangy71

Silver Supporting Member
Shredding guitar players (that can outplay most of the average guys on the net) that put themselves down (fat-fingered, terrible, excuse the clams) are as annoying as the size 2 females that talk about how fat they are.

:nuts

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
Shredding guitar players (that can outplay most of the average guys on the net) that put themselves down (fat-fingered, terrible, excuse the clams) are as annoying as the size 2 females that talk about how fat they are.

:nuts

Thanks! I think...:eek:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom