First gig with power scaling

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by JimH, Feb 11, 2008.

1. JimH

JimH Member

First time in a long time no attenuator!

...Very pleased, at least as good sound, probably better - one less thing to worry about too.

Set up is a 20W plexi, jumpered channels, vol at half. hit a keeley TS-9 for solo boosts. sounded great.

2. mcgriff420

mcgriff420 Member

Always nice to drop stuff from the ol' stage rig.

Where was the powerscale knob set at?

3. JimH

JimH Member

About half I think although may have crept up over the night - shhhh, don't tell the other guys!

4. mcgriff420

mcgriff420 Member

I run my amp in front of me so the band can always see if I turn up. My bass player's always glancing over at my pedal board to see which pedals are turned on. :horse

5. JimH

JimH Member

In all honesty I'm perfectly happy being quiet and everyone keeping the levels down and never 'draw first blood' when it comes to turning up. But if the people you're with are doing it what can you do? I think the mistake people make is starting off too quiet at sound check, then when the audience is in full voice and the drummer's hitting harder as the gig gets lively everyone has to go up a notch.

6. JimH

JimH Member

Oh and one other plus, power scaling is effectively a standby, which I didn't have before. Very useful when playing out.

7. exodus

exodus Member

what kind of amp are you playing? is it the marshall 20W lead/bass with power scaling installed aftermarket?

8. JimH

JimH Member

Cornell Plexi 20W, with after market power scaling. I actually picked up a prototype relatively cheap before the model became the 18/20 amp.