First home recording in 15 years

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by dez, May 24, 2015.

1. dez

dez Member

Not sure what took so long, but I finally decided to get back into recording after a slight layoff. I picked up a Roland BR-900. Kinda read thru the manual, got frustrated and just hit a few buttons and hoped for the best.

Now that I sorta know what does what, future recording will be a little more detailed, but I had fun getting re-started...

2. mscotts

mscotts What?! Silver Supporting Member

Wow man you got a lot of notes in there! Spend some time with that drum sequencer and have fun....Rock On!!!

3. dez

dez Member

Ya think?! Just gotta play the way we feel and have as much fun as possible! I think the drum sequencer will require actual study of the manual. I got the basic basics of how to operate the machine down, but looks like there's worlds of cool things in them circuits... thanks, you too!

4. dez

dez Member

And here's the second (because I needed a break from figuring out drums patterns and effects...

5. spacefiddle

spacefiddle Member

Hah, awesome. Welcome back, I'm in your boat! Just started poking my head up after a very long period of doing nothing much at all, musically, dusting off the gear, plugging things in, swearing at the bad cables, and trying to remember what all the buttons and pots do.

6. dez

dez Member

Thanks, you too! Everything you described is why the 2nd thing I recorded was just an acoustic! Eventually I'll remember and or figure out how things work. I hope!