• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

First Nash.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
I've been on the fence about Nash for a loooong time. ;)

Played a number of them and have appreciated the build and tones and have generally found the relic work to be over the top and not really my thing. But more recent builds have seemed more tame with the relic work and I came across an army green Strat type and decided to give it a shot.

Maple neck, ash body (a BIG part of my decision), Lollar Blondes in the neck and middle and a Lollar Special (hotter) in the bridge.

I can say that it's a perfect neck, light weight, great playability. The pickups were WAY too high for what I'd ever want from a Strat and I'm bringing them down quite a bit...it also came with .09s and a decked bridge with two springs installed (a 3rd in the case). I put .10s on and the two springs almost worked for a floating setup but then I installed the 3rd spring and it was decked again. I'd have to back the screws waaaaay out to get it to float. I'll leave it stiff and decked for now as I work on the pickup height.

It's a super cool guitar and I slapped a vintage Felix the Cat Chevy sticker on the back already. ;)

I look forward to learning this guitar.

slide13

Silver Supporting Member
That is a great color, nice!

I don’t get why Strats so often come with the pickups jacked up high. Recently bought a Custom Shop and I barely even bothered to plug it in at the store because the pickups were super high and I knew I’d hate it (and it had a treble bleed, which I also hate). Got it home and lowered the pickups quite a bit and clipped out the treble bleed and it sounds so much better.

Gasp100

Gold Supporting Member
I've bought used Nash right before they became out of reach (~$1500). I've had three through my hands, all Tele's and personally I thought they were SUPERB instruments. I sold because I could get dang close buy building my own and afford ~1 1/2 guitars for the price of a used Nash. My builds are nice - great parts, arguably the same or even better than Nash (ie. Rutters bridges, Porter Pickups). But, not quite as good!
Nash knows how to build a guitar.

rkharper

I still have my very early 50s Nash Tele with (god forbid) a Fender Decal. Apart from the awful relicing and über orange neck, it's my best Tele I own.

derekd

Gold Supporting Member
Looks great to me. Congrats!

I agree, most of their offerings have too much relic treatment. I have a tele that looks just like Andy Summer's old burst 61 minus the onboard pre.

Bought it a decade ago and has been one of my most played guitars since.

Phil M

Shapeshifting Member
Silver Supporting Member
I had an early-ish one. I got it new in 2005.

The finish looked ridiculous (the OP's looks better) but it played amazingly well and I couldn't put it down.

Back at it

I bought a t-63 in Dallas last year just before the pandemic, light relic and it’s perfect for me. Great neck great feel and the fralins are awesome

it was so good I got a lil dawg 5-e3 built for it……… mmmmm yummy what a pair

Kmaz

I always enjoy reading good things about Nash. I don't own one, but feel as though I should? :)

Is Nash a Lefty-friendly company?

1kidc

I always enjoy reading good things about Nash. I don't own one, but feel as though I should? :)

Is Nash a Lefty-friendly company?
I believe they do for the teles and strats. Not sure about the rest. I’m a lefty who plays righty.

VaughnC

Silver Supporting Member
Looks like a nice guitfiddle! Having spent 4 years in the military, the kacki green is kind of off putting to me...but if the tone is there, what the heck!

Make a joyful noise Rhino!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom