• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

First Partscaster T Build - 'Bout Time!!!

Csapo

Double Platinum Member
I've had a couple of maple Tele necks around the house, doing nothing. Thought it was time to put them to use.

Two of my fave Teles are the traditional '52 and the '66 Custom, so this is my tribute, with a few twists, to both...

Going to change out the guard for an eight screw cream and still doing a bit of p/up height tweaking. But so far the Lollar Vintages sound terrific.

I have been warned by gkoelling that this is habit forming and Greg is right. The next couple are already in the planning stages.

:banana

dk123123dk

Very nice! I would love to be in a band with one guitarist has that guitar, and the other a goldtop les paul with p-90's. And cool matching suits. Partscasters are so cool!

dk

Last edited:

DANOCASTER

Gold Supporting Member
Good thing you cleared up some space in your music room

With a guy that loves teles as much as you do , my guess is we've created a monster !!!

nice job !!:BEER

Csapo

Double Platinum Member
nice!! where did the body come from?
-j
Thanks all. White tuner buttons do rule!!!!

Body is from a Chandler Tele which was parted out. The Allparts neck fits fairly snug, which was a concern before the body arrived. But the seller assured me they would match up.

The only bummer is that the body is routed for a jack cup, but with the jack plate already on, there are screw holes in the body. So I left the jack plate on.

Csapo

Double Platinum Member
Good thing you cleared up some space in your music room

With a guy that loves teles as much as you do , my guess is we've created a monster !!!

nice job !!:BEER
Wow, thanks Dan.

I have to admit, one of your builds with a double bound body, was the inspiration. When this Chandler body came available, I immediately thought of the one you created (and I think sold here on TGP).

According to my wife, I haven't cleared enough space in the music room yet... :Spank

Steven

Great stuff! But IMO you should keep the pickguard. A eight screw pickguard will look strange on that guitar me thinks.

CitizenCain

Absolutely beautiful! Love the white tuners and coordination with the switch tip. Very nice attention to detail. I'd hit it!

Great stuff! But IMO you should keep the pickguard. A eight screw pickguard will look strange on that guitar me thinks.
I agree. 5 holes is default, 8 hole only when unavoidable.

But more importantly, with the white binding and buttons, a matching white PG makes sense. Or you could see if a single ply Allparts "parchment" PG looks right - I found it matches those buttons well.

The white button version of this Gotoh nickel split shaft tuner is the SAME price as the nickel buttoned ones, so if you can find some, go for it, guys!

Trending Topics