First Pedalboard - Photos

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by justonwo, Jan 13, 2008.

1. justonwo

justonwo Member

Been playing for many years. Just got into the idea of doing a pedalboard in the past year and quickly built my collection. And there are more on the way (Skreddy Lunar Module, Lovepedal 200 lbs, BJFE Model R) . . . I'm addicted.

It still isn't complete as I need to get the remaining pedals, decide which ones will stay on the board, and make a few more Lavacable ELC patches. The board was modified for the Pedal Power (underneath) and I made custom power cables and instrument cables to length. It's a lot of work, but fun.

The looper has all the ODs, distortions, and fuzzes in loop 1, all the time-dependent effects on loop 2, and the boost/buffer on loop 3. The last loop allows me to kick the buffer and/or boost in and out - very useful.

Enjoy the photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

Nice!

I think I need to get a TB Looper like that.
    Or,
    A Gigrig...

3. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

I assume the TB looper is for tap-dancing elimination being that all those pedals are TB already???

Sweet man, sweet.

My first board was a piece of wood I found in a skip - had to wash the dog **** off it - and a couple of rocktech pedals with an atari jojstick box with an A/B switch in it.

4. justonwo

justonwo Member

Exactly. It also has a few other purposes . . .

1) If I just want to go straight into the amp for a while, the master takes all the effects out of the loop. Even though they're all TB, there's still a little loss from all those connections and the extra length.

2) It allows me to turn on and off any effect from Loop 1 and Loop 2 at the same time. I could either use the master button to do this or tap both loop 1 and loop 2 at the same time since they're close enough to get them both at the same time.

3) With the Moollon boost in loop 3, I can get a lot of functionality:
    a) Keep the Moollon off and use the looper as a buffer on/off
    b) Keep the looper on and use the moollon as a boost of/off, which means the buffer is always on
    c) Keep the Moollon on and use the looper as a boost on/off with TB always the default

The looper takes up a bit of real estate, but they are extremely useful.

5. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

Very nice, looks great!

6. usc96

usc96 Member

Very nice. Where are you going to put the new pedals?

7. justonwo

justonwo Member

There's going to have to be a rotation. I'm thinking about getting a second Pedaltrain2 in a soft case (the hard case is HEAVY) for the overflow.

8. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

Very nice. What is the signal flow?

9. justonwo

justonwo Member

Guitar -> Wah (external) ->

Loop 1

KOTB -> Sunface -> Eternity -> Freakshow Fantastique -> Lunar Module -> Mayo

Loop 2

Tremolessence -> Moon -> Memory Lane

Loop 3

Moollon Boost

Of course, the tuner is out of the loop.

Things will change, I'm sure, since I have a the Karl to deal with, as well as the stuff on the way. I don't stack effects much so order within the loops isn't super critical for me.

10. benjisaynomore

benjisaynomore Member

That board is ridiculous! By ridiculous, I mean awesome, yet kind of sick? if you catch my vibe! I'd want the same, but just thinking about buying one of those BJF pedals makes me want to cringe. GAS inducing it is! :crazy