First post here. Please be gentle :)

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Ah Xoc Kin, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Ah Xoc Kin

Ah Xoc Kin Member

This is a brief clip using a Godin LGX-SA for everything except for the bass, which is a Peavey Millennium 4.

There's some soft acoustic guitar to the left (Godin and GR-33), a Rhodes-style piano to the right (GR-33), and the 'regular' guitar and bass at the center.

The progression is my version of an 8-bar blues taken from a Musicians Institute book, but slowed down since I find it challenging to play slow and want to improve.

I still need to work on my timing and on bending :D

Blues

2. WhosYourPal

WhosYourPal Member

You may want to find a new host for your files. The link just looks like one big advertisement.

3. Ah Xoc Kin

Ah Xoc Kin Member

Sorry about that.
    I've used this one since it's free. The downside is that there's a brief wait for downloading, and some text needs to be entered as verification that there's a human downloading the file :)

4. WhosYourPal

WhosYourPal Member

Alright, maybe I'm just really dumb; but I can't figure out how to get to the file.

5. Ah Xoc Kin

Ah Xoc Kin Member

Try the following:
    1. Click on the "Blues" link above, it will take you to rapidshare
    2. You'll see a message: "You want to download 8barbluesbass.mp3" Scroll down and click 'Free' where it says "Select your download"
    3. A new window will open up and you'll have to wait for maybe 20 seconds. You'll see a counter. It says "Download ticket reserved" next to it.
    4. Some letters will appear. Type them in the box and click on 'Start Download' (This is a new feature, and downloads used to begin automatically. Sorry about that.)

I hope this helps. If you have any trouble I'll check back later tonight. Gotta go...

6. WhosYourPal

WhosYourPal Member

Doh! I didn't see the timer message in the midle of the page until you pointed it out.

So, I checked out your clip. It was pretty cool, I liked your phrasing, it wasn't "rushed". I also liked your vibrato technique.

Thanks for sharing!

7. Ah Xoc Kin

Ah Xoc Kin Member

Thank you very much for your comments :)

8. WWFII

WWFII Member

Sounds great! I loved the phrasing! :AOK

9. Ah Xoc Kin

Ah Xoc Kin Member

Thank you very much for the comment and for listening.
    I'm still learning, and given the playing quality of TGP's forumites I was afraid to post :)

10. Ah Xoc Kin

Ah Xoc Kin Member