First Post - New job and big decisions.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by otherface, Jan 28, 2012.

1. otherface

otherface Member

Over the last four years I had to sell away essentially all my gear except for my ES-335CRR. I went out and bought a heavily modded JCM900 Dual Reverb (diode cancelling switch, I changed various capacitators and resistors, etc.) and a VHT Deliverance cab. Now I have to rebuild my board. Having been out of the game for a while this whole, Axe FX Ultra thing is entirely new to me (though it may have been around since then). Anyway, long story short I want your opinion on rebuilding a board with all the cables and power supplies or getting the Ultra for effects.

So it is between the Axe FX Ultra and VL Ground Control Pro
    or
    Strymon Timeline/Eventide Timefactor -- Eventide Space -- Boss CE-20 (or something else with some range in the chorus department -- Lightfoot Labs Goatkeeper 3 -- EHX Hog

If your choice is the pedal board then any commentary on the 'either-ors' would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot, and excited to be on the board.