First purchase on Reverb

MarcJ

I bought a Solar Myth fuzz on Reverb on Tuesday, It's coming up on 48 hours and no communication from the seller. Tomorrow evening it will be 72 hours and I'm gonna request a refund. I'm so use to dealing on TGP with no problems, this is a real bummer.

Black_Label

Reveb is hit or miss, mostly hit. Most sellers are pretty good. Buyers, on the other hand, are a different story. I'd probably cancel the sale after 48 hours of no contact. Sounds sketchy.

MarcJ

yes I have tried to contact him. According to the rules there, a seller has 72 hours to ship before I can request a refund.

dirk_benedict

Silver Supporting Member
I've had 20+ transactions on Reverb on both sides; all went smoothly.

Calling out Reverb for a poor behavior from a seller or buyer is unnecessarily inflammatory.

Astronaut FX

Gold Supporting Member
A lot of Reverb.com sellers are just private individuals with maybe one or two items listed. It may be unfair to expect the same level of responsiveness from them that you would an online retailer.

Just simply pulling the plug after three days without at least reaching out yourself (have you?) first seems impatient.

superslidetail

Silver Supporting Member
I think I almost bought that same pedal you are talking about. Didn't the seller have good feedback? Something may have come up, it's happened to me a couple times on Reverb and quite a bit more on eBay. I would give him another day or two as you are protected through PayPal at the very least. You should have just bought the Solar Myth that is in the emporium right now. :D:p

IRG

Although I have an affiliation with PGS, I've been using their site to sell my pedals (for free) lately, with pretty good results. I've sold 2 in the last 2 days, and I send out everything I sell in 24 hours or less, and send tracking info to my buyers almost immediately. It isn't that hard to provide good service. I do think I'm losing out though, because shipping costs aren't cheap. I have a VL 4x4 power supply for sale. Buyer wants me to ship it for free, from NY to CA. That will probably take 20% or more of my profits. So I have a local buyer interested, hopefully they will buy it. I'm actually pretty tired of trying new stuff, because of the cost and hassles of shipping. Of course I'd rather just keep everything and not have to sell, but wouldn't we all.

MarcJ

Ok I was just going to send him another message and I see that it has shipped today. Alright, I'm really looking forward to that pedal. thanks guys.

BBBJay

Sorry to hear of your issues on Reverb, I have had 3 issues out of maybe 50. Not too bad, still prefer that compared to ebay...

Email them again, contact Reverb. Reverb has been good when I needed them to step in

the tourist

I've had a few purchases, all with good communication, but apparently Reverb sellers use arthritic turtles for shipping.
I usually ship same or next day USPS standard. Most of the feedback I get is something like, "Super fast shipping!" and I'm like, really? Other people must... not be good.

Papanate

I don't buy into individual non commercial sellers getting a break
for non communication. I know it's unrealistic - but I think
that sites like Reverb should penalize sellers who don't
email back.

In the case of the OP it looks like the seller just shipped it - but
failed to communicate that bit of information. I think Reverb should
fine them $50 for being an idiot.

TheWayfarer84

Gold Supporting Member
Reverb is a godsend as an alternative to ebay. So is the emporium, but its a smaller market. Had good experiences as a buyer and seller. Had bad ones as well. The guy that shipped me a wah pedal wrapped in Christmas paper and arrived destroyed. Yeah. I'm guessing that was a kid with no clue what he was doing. The buyer that was convinced his pedal is defective even though it's clearly explained in manual and by company rep what he's hearing is how it supposed to be - kind of a PIA. But that's anywhere I suppose. The biggest hassle on reverb is if the seller uses them for an insured shipping label, you have to be home to sign for it. Many a small purchases I've had to pick up the next day at the post office. You know how long that extra day feels!

Prices are usually lower since you don't have to figure in the 10% ebay cut.

Trending Topics