First real post.....POD Xt clip

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by avwalker, Jun 1, 2005.

1. avwalker

avwalker Member

Got my recording stuff back up and running.....i had kinda poor results recording with my built in soundcard on my motherboard. I think this sounds pretty decent.

Everything on this is run through the pod (except for drums)

Guitar is a epiphone g400 (sg copy) with a dimarzio air norton and tone zone pickups set up for 5 PRS style switching.

Rythym track is a hiwatt model with "cavernous reverb" and a stereo delay set at around 600 ms. a little compression was added post recording to tame down the delay trails and high end.

Lead track is one of the matchless models with a 4X12 cab with greenbacks. Effects are tile reverb and analog delay set at a quarter note on the tempo. Post recording I added a little hall reverb....cause you can never have enough reverb to cover up your mistakes!!!

Bass is recorded throught the "tube preamp" model with some compression added in the POD. No post recordinf effects.

Most tracks were first takes (someone trying to sell me a newspaper subscription knocked on the door during my first lead take...haha)

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/aawalker/testing.mp3

any feedback would be appreciated!!!

2. avwalker

avwalker Member

I was using a loop that was in cakewalk sonar....i could have put some changes and more loops in....I'm just lazy.

3. Normster

Normster Member

Excellent tune! It just has a great feel to it...definately a road song. Just loop it and drive! I love the layering and tone.

4. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Mix sounds nice and clear, Like the feel of the tune a lot.

I noticed there's a little bit of guitar hum at the begining - I tend to switch the monitor of to help reduce that...... and just hit r for recording. Other than that it sounds great !!:)