first recording with the Fryette Power Load

Discussion in 'Gear Demos - Videos and Soundclips' started by lessthan12, Sep 16, 2017.

1. lessthan12

lessthan12 Supporting Member

...and its going alright lol... No issues with the gear, absolutely love this way more than what I was getting with my Axe Fx setup, the problem lies with me lol. First time using reaper, first time trying to practice playing to a metronome, first time recording an amp into an actual interface etc etc... I just got a Focusrite Clarett yesterday(shipped from AMS brand nuanced had no power supply in the box, the start of my frustration) So I started getting everything ready this morning...and this short, garbage clip is all I have at the moment. Going from Garageband to an actual DAW is pretty hard and intimidating, literally took me 30 minutes to figure out how to add the metronome and change the tempo. Tone is getting there I think though so thats good. This is the 3RD Power Citizen Gain CSR into the Fryette Power Load using the built in analog cab sim straight into the Focusrite Clarett. I added a little Verb in reaper but thats it. Since I finally happy with my guitars and setup its time to practice practice practice!

2. PaisleyWookie

PaisleyWookie Member

Couple things; nice playing, and sweet amp! To me, it still very much sounds like an analog cab sim. As for DAWs, if you're coming from GB, I highly recommend going for Logic X. It makes a lot of sense, and I personally like it a lot better than Reaper.

3. joafink2

joafink2 Supporting Member

I think it sounds great! I got my Fryette Power Load back in August. Just really started diving into all the different features in the last week or so, and I'm having a blast. The most fun of any gear purchase I've had in years. The fact that I can plug an MP3 into the program input and play my cranked amp with the cab/mic emulator without an interface into headphones at 1am with a sleeping baby in the next room is a game changer for me. The band I play with has already noticed a difference in my playing since using this device. Keep up the good work!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    MasterEvan07 likes this.
  4. lessthan12

lessthan12 Supporting Member

did this one with no effects, just a quick play through. Doesn't sound too bad to me

WolfgangSooner likes this.
  5. WolfgangSooner

WolfgangSooner Member

Sounds pretty good. I might need to get one. Power Load or Suhr Reactive Load?

6. DavesPlanet

DavesPlanet Member

Can you turn down to 'bedroom levels' with this? This is basically the Power Station without the 50 watt tube amp, right? (Er, plus headphone jack...and knobs are labeled a bit different.) Have you ever played clean though it?

7. Not A Speck Of Cereal

Not A Speck Of Cereal Member

This is not a "amp at bedroom level" device -- it's a reactive load box, not an attenuator. So it's an "amp totally quiet and signal going to the board / audio interface".

Now if they just weren't out of stock -- I want to buy one NOW.

Speck

8. sl33py

sl33py Supporting Member

I don't see why you can't use this as an attenuator - you plug your amp's speaker output into the "AMP IN" input for the Power Load, and then plug the "DIRECT OUT 2" (which is controlled by the volume control) from the Power Load into your speaker cabinet. You click 'OUT' for the CAB/MIC section on the front (since you don't need the cab sim with your speaker) and Bob's your auntie - signal into speaker attenuated by reactive load to whatever level you like in the open air...

9. cochese

cochese Supporting Member

It doesn't work that way. Direct Out 2 is meant to go to a mixer. You could send it out to a secondary amp and use it like the Power Station. You could also plug your amp into a speaker cab and send your amps second output to the Power Load's amp in but that would probably only reduce the volume by about 3dB.

The unit is really meant for direct recording or for using with an amp while simultaneously sending a speaker emulated output to the board as well as an uncompensated line out of your amp to use with IR's. It's similar to the Suhr RL but also has the cab emulation included plus some other features.