First run Analog Man Sun Lion question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cryptozoo, Mar 2, 2012.

1. cryptozoo

cryptozoo Member

Looking to assess current fair-market value on one of the original-production Sun Lions, now that production has started again.

I can't find any completed auctions for originals on eBay and don't see any for sale on this forum at the moment -- does anyone have a ballpark figure?

2. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Supporting Member

I used to see them all the time for ~$650-750 on ebay, but I really doubt you'd get that with the v2 in production and the current economy. My guess is somewhere in the $450-550 range now.

3. vanguard

vanguard Member

i sold an original production one for like $600 RIGHT before the new ones came out. i'd imagine it's a bit below that now. which tranny do you have in the beano side?

4. cryptozoo

cryptozoo Member

Good question, I'll have to check.

5. 78deluxe

78deluxe Member

I would honestly still shot for the $650 - 750 range.

The new production ones are not the same, and the market has demand for the original transistors. (thus the increase in price of the SunFace which is still in production with other trannys as well)

I see absolutely no reason to only get $450-550 out of an original honestly. I market is poor on most pedals, but there is quite a bit of interest in one of these.

Even the High Gain NKTs ones cost $420 + shipping $10 + $15 for the on/off = $445 for a new one with less rare trannys, and the new ones don't have the same graphic do they??

6. doralin

doralin Member

+1

Furthermore, most original Sunlions have Beano Boosts with the White Dot NKT 275.

Not saying the 1st run sounds better but it does have components which are rarer.