First session with Les Paul Jr.

kldonegan

So, I went to do some acoustic overdubs this afternoon and took my newly acquired VOS Jr. to show off. There was a tune that needed a solo, so I plugged in to this program called Eleven (GASP! Direct tracking!!!) and played one. Even direct into that plug-in, the guitar plain kicked ass. I doubled myself - one side into their AC30 sim and the other pass into some Tweed thing. No echo or anything, just dry guitar. Next week it gets it's first real go. I cannot wait.

No real revelation or anything, just hadn't bought a new guitar in 3 years.

studiodunn

Platinum Supporting Member
My last 3 shows have been with a 57 Jr. and I gotta say the tone on stage and in the recordings is just awesome. I've done the same set with the same amps and My tele and my Historic Goldtop before, but the tone of the Jr is pure rock n roll.

shane8

LP jun are my fave gibbos although i don't own one
recently palyed a dc junior + an SG special and they were sweeeeeeet

pitner

I got a new Gibson Jr 57 for christmas a few years back. Amazing guitar so simple yet so well made. Begs for Humble Pie. :agree

kldonegan

Very cool. Got any pics of this little gem? :)

Just one edited iPhone picture...

IMG_0025.jpg

doctorx

A single pickup LPJ thru a dimed tube amp is almost better than sex.

My LPJ is just a 90's reissue with a stop tailpiece but it rocks, I love it.

I would love to have a single cutaway sunburst.

Roo_D

Yes indeed Jr.'s can be a very special thing. I used a real '59 until it literally wore out. I gave it to a freind of mine a few years ago before prices got to be so riduculous. I miss it and over the years I tried to replace it with various P90 guitars like the Hamer "Special", McCarty "Soapbar" and of course Gibby "re-issues" but nothing quite had the same magic mine did.

Nothin wrong with direct - "Eleven" sounds like a most useful tool!

DrumBob

I've been saying that Juniors are the best rock n' roll guitars for more years than I care to admit. I like my Epi LP Standard and Gibson BFG LP also, as well as my other guitars, including a great Agile LP knockoff, but Junior rules the roost in my house.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom