First strymon pedal - favourite switch?

northstar6000

So I've got an El Cap coming (pretty damn excited as I love delay), and I am wondering about the favourite switch.

Are there any substitutes to the favourite switch? Can you use a Boss switcher pedal (such as FS7)? I'm just curious if there are cheaper alternatives.

plextasy

I used the Saturnworks (29.99 on eBay if I remember correctly) and it worked very well. The only downside was that the switch wasn't a soft switch like Strymon uses.

blowery

I use a triple favorite (3 strymon pedals) from analog endeavors, works great. Great company.

You just need to decide whether you want soft click or normal

joealba

Before you get a switch, think about if an expression pedal may be better for you. Ya gotta pick one or the other.

I love being able to control the wet mix on my El Cap with a pedal. My Deco, that one will wind up with a favorite switch.

liv_rong

Here is a question, if you had the favorite switch and clicked it to select your setting then unplugged it to plug in an expression pedal would that lose the favorite setting? I guess it depends on the type of switch it needs?

Here is a question, if you had the favorite switch and clicked it to select your setting then unplugged it to plug in an expression pedal would that lose the favorite setting? I guess it depends on the type of switch it needs?
I believe that yes, it would. The favorite switch is all that is keeping the pedal locked on that's preset, so removing the cable would be just like clicking the switch, which would revert the parameters back to the knobs' and switches' real-time positions.

northstar6000

OP here . Thanks so much for all the suggestions. Sounds like there are a lot of choices for the favourite switch.

joealba- I have an expression pedal already. I am sure I will flip flop between the favourite switch and the expression pedal. Can you use the expression pedal to control more than the wet mix? Could I control the feedback?

Dave B

Exit... Dual Stage Left
Gold Supporting Member
No, you won't lose your Favorite setting internally, if that's what you were asking. You won't be able to access it until you plug the Favorite back in, but your settings are stored until you access them again.

Otherwise, if you were asking about losing your Favorite sound at the moment you disconnected the Fav switch, moore_for_less's response is correct, and you'll hear whatever your real-time settings are.

Trending Topics