First time building an amp from kit...

wyatt

You may have heard this, but the story (true or false) behind the Weber Maggie kit is Weber was approached to make the original Two Stroke kit before the book was published. But by the time the book came out the circuit changes a little and Victoria was tapped for the "official" kit. Never wanting to waste the R&D, the Maggie was born.

JPH118

Silver Supporting Member
That's very interesting Wyatt! Makes a lot of sense, too. Almost went with the Weber kit just for the great deal on the speakers, but the Two Stroke gives me time to decide on that stuff later.

PremiumPlus

Great choice for a first build. I have a 1960 Princeton and they are great. It's a funny coincidence that you picked the same kind of Weller that I've been using for about 15 years, they're great.
Good luck, just don't over heat the components when you solder them and take your time. It'll pay great rewards.

bob-i

I don't see the heater wiring, maybe that's not done yet. Otherwise looking pretty good.

JPH118

Silver Supporting Member
I don't see the heater wiring, maybe that's not done yet. Otherwise looking pretty good.

Heaters are the green wires coming from the PT... they go along the bottom of the chassis between tubes, kinda hidden

JPH118

Silver Supporting Member
thanks guys! it was a lot of fun, great learning experience, and I can't wait to try another design next.

gigs

Great job. Always wanted to do that, just never had the guts to try it.

How many total hours did you invest in this?

JPH118

Silver Supporting Member
i should've kept track of that, but the actual hands-on work prob wasn't much more than 3 or 4... extra time was spent going back and forth from the book, wiring diagram, and actual circuit, especially after mounting & soldering the eyelet board and then making all of the necessary connections to jacks & pots... I wanted to be sure I understood every single thing I did, rather than just painting by the numbers, ya know? So that added to the length of the project.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom