• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

First time gig (in my life) with a Dr. Z amp

humblepie

Silver Supporting Member
Guested with a band on Saturday that is known around here for good blues, jam, southern rock, traditional rock arrangements (aka a FUN gig) and the musicians are very good. I've been blessed to own some pretty good equipment over the years, but I don't know that I've ever had more fun than playing my new (to me) Maz 18 Reverb head through a 1x12 cab with a Weber version of a Creamback.
I used (also for the first time ever) a Sweet Honey Overdrive, punched it with a VFE Pale Horse set as a boost. Wow, touch sensitivity that I have, up until now, not known. Just an incredibly tuneful setup that delivered interesting overtones, complex harmonic content, all under the guise of sounding fairly clean to gritty. Goosing it a bit yielded creamy soaring lead and slide tones.
I'm another Z convert, albeit a little later in life than many of you.

Kelly

Saw a band Saturday and the guitarist had a Dr Z. I've never played one myself, but his tone was excellent.

Trending Topics