• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

First time in 20 years of gigging...double booked.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
As the most recent band of the two booked we got screwed. 2 hours in to a 3 hour drive we get the message on Facebook.

My brother's town and he put together a group of 20+ friends to come see the show...they're still going to show up as a group and let the club know that they're going somewhere else since they were only coming to see us. So that's cool....

dez

Hadnt had it happen in years and in the last year it happened twice to us. Also a few other local bands had the same thing happened at the same place. We were asked back but politely declined. Other locals bands went back. We all want our share of the audiences and all want to gig alot, but bands sure would be better off if we all stuck together in NOT dealing with bars/clubs that: double book, pay crappy, charge at the door, charge percentage of the door (without transparency regarding the till), dont promote, or promote open jams over regular gigs.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
Whether you are double booked or not the venue needs to pay you and i hope they did.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
It will be interesting in how it plays out. I certainly wasn't finishing driving all the way there and having an argument about payment in that moment. I don't see that ending well at all.

Certainly a club should be responsible for their commitments but there isn't much a band can do about the money (when there's no contract) if a club decides that compensation is not warranted since music was not performed.

The person that got us the booking is a guy that books for a club just down the street and he's livid about this....he said that it will be made right and I'm interested to see how that plays out.

Trending Topics