First time using a loop station. Advice?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MadeByShady, Feb 10, 2012.

1. MadeByShady

MadeByShady Member

I just got a Boss RC-50. I want to learn how to play it for my talent show at school. As far as I can tell there aren't any internal mics or speakers so I'm gonna have to go out and buy them. Is there anything else I need? And which mics and speakers do you think are good? Once I have everything I need, I can just watch Youtube videos to learn how to make cool beats.

Thanks!! :D

2. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

Mics or speakers?? What are you using it for?

3. TwinkleDaddy

TwinkleDaddy Member

I would get yourself a keyboard or midi controller to hook to your laptop and a nice little roland type keybaord amp and run the keyboard/midi into the pedal then the amp. Get a microphone and run that into the rc-50 and you have yourself a little live beat lab.. I've seen a couple hip hop artists do that on the street. if i remember the name of the artist i'll post a video.

4. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Supporting Member

not sure if this is the type of advice you're looking for, but here's something that took me a while to figure out with loop stations...

When recording the loop, don't try to start with your first strum, rather play the passage once through and press the start button where the transition occurs. Same thing for the last stomp - don't try and stop playing and simultaneously hit the stop button - play through the transition, but stomp where the loop end should be.

As I type this, I'm not sure that I'm making sense, but in short, recording a single passage loop will sound better if you play the passage 3 times and record the middle one.