First World Problems Pt III...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by 67blackcherry, May 4, 2015.

1. 67blackcherry

67blackcherry Supporting Member

I'm in Vegas for the fight...Where the heck do I park my private jet?

[​IMG]

2. JWDubois

JWDubois Member

I'm abstractly envious of anyone with the money to own a private jet, but I bet there is some serious dick measuring that goes on in that scene.

I wonder what's most important: biggest, fastest, or most expensive?

3. aiq

aiq Supporting Member

If your dad didn't have one you are the dreaded "new money".

Gawd, Thoooooose people!

4. Rick Lee

Rick Lee Member

My boss has a Lear 6. I think it ran $12MM and came with a five year maint. contract, which is about to run out. He has a pilot and co-pilot. So anywhere he wants to go, he's paying the pilot and co-pilot from the time they leave their houses until they return. They get a rental car wherever they go, meals, hotels and paid the same whether they're flying the jet or walking around town while the boss hangs out in one of his huge cribs. It's a very expensive toy.

You would think that a private or corp. jet would make sense for someone whose time is so valuable, that it's cost-effective to shave off all the BS we mere mortals have to deal with when we fly commercial. It is kind of cool to drive right into the hangar, park the car, climb into the jet and take off. So my boss is in the air 30 min. from the time he leaves his house. But amortize the cost to buy that jet plus what it costs to fly it over the number of hours on those engines, back out what you can write off for business and depreciation plus what you'll eventually sell it for and that net is a gigantic dollar figure per hour.

Boss recently took the wife and three kids to Europe for two weeks, but it was cheaper to fly commercial (probably first class) than to have the pilot and co-pilot twiddling their thumbs for huge $$ per day for two weeks.

5. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

Who's the jerk with the grey one?

6. jordane93

jordane93 Member

And then you have the one guy with the turboprop.

7. yucatown

yucatown Theory-free noodling enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

Dumble or Trainwreck for open mic night? Ugh, I hate these kinds of decisions.

8. 67blackcherry

I think that's Lewis Hamilton - F1 World Champ (2x) former McLaren driver and currently racing for Mercedes.

But this wasn't the meaning of the thread....

This was!!

First World Problem - I'm running out of storage space in my spare room for all my guitars.

9. teleman1

teleman1 Supporting Member

The few days before the Super bowl, Scottsdale airport must of looked even more congested. I was doing an open house in a $1mil+ neighborhood. On a Sunday one was flying over every like 10-15 per hour,(normal is 7-8 per day).

10. ACfixer

ACfixer Member

I tied mine down at Henderson Exec, not quite the prestige of McCarran but I was up against fewer dicks in the measuring contest.

11. 67blackcherry

^^^ my buddy flies out of there - a few weeks back "Fifi" was there...I'm so bummed I couldn't make it to town to see her!