• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Fishman Aura Spectrum settings

NoQuarter

Any suggested settings for a Martin 000xa1e. Haven't been able to experiment yet, just wondering if anyone out ther can give some tips.

Thanks

Rockerduck

FYI, the Fishman Aura is made to work with Fishman pickups, particularly, the Fishman Matrix. When I had the Aura I couldn't get a good sound with my LRbaggs MIA pickup. So, good luck. A Zoom A3 handles all acoustic pickups well.

Seegs

I just demoed one today going through a Schertler Unico with my Larravee OM O3R and a AER AK15+ dual source pickup and it sounded great...

I had it on Orchestra and loved it on preset 1 which is a Soundelux® E47 and 11 which is a Shure Beta 58A

petty1818

FYI, the Fishman Aura is made to work with Fishman pickups, particularly, the Fishman Matrix. When I had the Aura I couldn't get a good sound with my LRbaggs MIA pickup. So, good luck. A Zoom A3 handles all acoustic pickups well.
The Martin guitar that the OP owns, has a Fishman pickup (pretty sure anyway!). Out of curiosity, why did you try an M1A with the Aura? these two systems definitely will not work out well together. I could see that being a very hollow and mid rangy tone.

petty1818

I just demoed one today going through a Schertler Unico with my Larravee OM O3R and a AER AK15+ dual source pickup and it sounded great...

I had it on Orchestra and loved it on preset 1 which is a Soundelux® E47 and 11 which is a Shure Beta 58A
Never heard of that pickup before!

petty1818

As for settings, you will want to keep the blend under 50% in a live setting. Over 50% and it starts sounding hollow and will feedback. By the way, switch over to the global eq setting. I found this far more effective when eqing my tone than the stock setting.

Gretsch47

Gold Supporting Member
I still struggle with feedback using the Aura Spectrum, I wish the (3) notch filters kicked in a little sooner than they do.

For the OP: Update your unit often as they come out with new "Library" sound profiles fairly often. I was surprised to find new ones for my Rainsong guitars on the last update.

petty1818

I still struggle with feedback using the Aura Spectrum, I wish the (3) notch filters kicked in a little sooner than they do.

For the OP: Update your unit often as they come out with new "Library" sound profiles fairly often. I was surprised to find new ones for my Rainsong guitars on the last update.
It's odd that you are experiencing feedback with the Spectrum. Where do you have the blend set at? Although it's using imaging, your main source is still a UST. It really should not be feeding back.

On a side note, why do people start threads and then never come back to them lol?

Gretsch47

Gold Supporting Member
I am running the Fishman direct into the P.A. and seem to be getting feedback from all the different power sources in the rehearsal space (aside from the feedback I get from the vocal mic, which I am trying to correct by singing closer). It's a challenge playing while standing on one leg with my back to everything lol.

petty1818

How do you have the speakers set up in your rehearsal space? If you are getting that much feedback from all sources then the gain is either far too high or the speakers are positioned incorrectly. Do you have speakers facing you? Have you tried the aura system live? If so, did it feedback there?

Seegs

How do you have the speakers set up in your rehearsal space? If you are getting that much feedback from all sources then the gain is either far too high or the speakers are positioned incorrectly. Do you have speakers facing you? Have you tried the aura system live? If so, did it feedback there?
This was it for me...my rehearsal space is small and I had the PA speakers behind my mic...as soon as I positioned one closet to me ahead of my mic and angled the other one away from my mic the feedback stopped and I could suddenly turn my PA louder...

Gretsch47

Gold Supporting Member
thanks, I didn't mean to interrupt the thread with this but I will try a different orientation to the speakers.

Trending Topics