Fishman Fluence Strat Set-Best pickups I have used.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Reviews' started by angelsvictory, Jul 25, 2016.

1. angelsvictory

angelsvictory Member

I just want to shout out on this pickup set. I was shocked at how authentically stratty these pickups sound! At the same time these pickups blew me away in all of these areas:

1. No noise! I have never heard such a real, open, yet warm pure single coil tone be this silent before. Dummy coil psuedo pickups always have something missing.

2. Amazing sustain. It is almost as if there is built compression without the squash. The strings ring for days.

3. No stratitus. The pickups are so clear, but never strident.

4. Each position is the same in volume, yet you are one tone pot pull away from an awesome Texas Blues boost.

It seems like you cannot find any reviews on this product, and the corksniffers and vintage crowd would die Before trying an active pickup from Fishman, but these are insanely good.

jetydosa likes this.
  2. WoodyStrat

WoodyStrat Member

I thought they were just OK. For me it was like cable TV, a lot of channels of nothing to watch. I mean they were fine and a viable option but I thought the vintage setting was a bit too thin and the modern setting a bit too dark but that is totally subjective. What did not work for me is the buffered signal into my King of Tone. That OD did not like seeing that signal as all and since it is my main OD...

Glad to hear they are working great for you and it is always refreshing to see a new approach to an age old problem!!

angelsvictory likes this.
  3. robbinsteele

robbinsteele Member

cool,thx fer the info-liken what i hear about the tele sets as well

angelsvictory likes this.
  4. angelsvictory

angelsvictory Member

The set for me at least, eliminated all the things I did not like about Strat pickups, while still having tons of character.

WoodyStrat likes this.
  5. MasterEvan07

MasterEvan07 Supporting Member

6. angelsvictory

angelsvictory Member

They need a battery, or the optional back plate battery (which I use).