• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Fishman Fluence Telecaster (Greg Koch) issues

Melange

Hi

I'm having problems after installing a pair of fishman fluence tele pickups.

When the selector switch is up (towards the neck) , the neck and bridge pickups are engaged
When the selector is in the middle position, the neck is engaged and the bridge pickup is dead
When the selector is in the lower position , the neck pickup is engaged and the bridge pickup is dead

I took everything apart and carefully re-wired the whole thing. Same issue

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

ultra

Might be an issue with the switch. I have the same set and have had it in two guitars with no issue. It is now firmly ensconced it my Burgundy Mist Custom.
Just check your soldering to the switch. You don't have much area to work in so you might just have bridged two connections.
Hopefully, it will show up as a correctable issue. Good luck
Nice pickups too and super quiet.

Elantric

Gold Supporting Member
Sounds like your internal Battery has migrated and shorting out the 3 way blade PU selector switch - or if your control cavity has ground shielding, the PU Switch might be shorting out against the side of the grounded control cavity
Verify your battery is located on the correct side of PU switch

Also check the Soldered PU connections on the PCB Board - they might be in the wrong location or shorting or the grounded control cavity

Last edited:

Melange

Sounds like your internal Battery has migrated and shorting out the 3 way blade PU selector switch - or if your control cavity has ground shielding, the PU Switch might be shorting out against the side of the grounded control cavity
Verify your battery is located on the correct side of PU switch ( its often under a black plastic cover
Thanks Elantric. Much appreciated

Melange

Might be an issue with the switch. I have the same set and have had it in two guitars with no issue. It is now firmly ensconced it my Burgundy Mist Custom.
Just check your soldering to the switch. You don't have much area to work in so you might just have bridged two connections.
Hopefully, it will show up as a correctable issue. Good luck
Nice pickups too and super quiet.
Thanks ultra. I have the classic humbuckers on my LP. They sound amazing

Melange

Took everything apart and carefully rewired the whole thing together. Same result. Either the board came with a defect or I accidentally burned something with the solder :-( . I cannot but why why on earth Fishman didn't put a connector on the pickups as they did with the TRS socket

Melange

Got a fast answer from Fishman support. They asked me to send the control unit over for check/repair. Superb customer service so far .

Trending Topics