• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Fixing my broken Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, getting fuzz sounds.

ekamal

Hi all, I'm a new member but have been visiting this wonderful forum for gear stuff.

I was wondering if anyone can help me, I've got a Fulldrive 2 Mosfet (sparkly blue one) and it's broken. The signal comes through but it sounds like a fuzz pedal, with sub octaves and spitty fuzz tones and random splitting notes, would be cool if I needed that sound but I need the pedal as a buffer and booster.

I was told that it was caused by a faulty capacitor, the NP after the opamp (the tone filter), I changed it last night and it didn't make any difference.

The volume and tone knob are still working but I can't hear any difference when turning the drive knob, or maybe it was masked by the fuzz notes, I don't know.

Flicking the switches doesn't make any difference either. I was wondering if anybody has any idea what has happened to this pedal?

Many thanks in advance!

--
ekamal

ekamal

Hi fuzz_factor, I haven't been using battery with this pedal, always been using a Boss PSA adaptor.

fuzz_factor

Silver Supporting Member
Hi fuzz_factor, I haven't been using battery with this pedal, always been using a Boss PSA adaptor.
Sorry, I don't have any ideas. I once had a pedal do what you described; it was the battery. Pretty cool effect while it lasted... velcro fuzz from a distortion pedal. :)

Good luck fixing yours. Try emailing Fulltone; they'll probably have some ideas.

ekamal

Sorry, I don't have any ideas. I once had a pedal do what you described; it was the battery. Pretty cool effect while it lasted... velcro fuzz from a distortion pedal. :)

Good luck fixing yours. Try emailing Fulltone; they'll probably have some ideas.
Thanks for the idea, I tried using battery and it still sounded like a sputtery fuzz. :RoCkIn

I have emailed Fulltone just last Friday from work but won't be able to check until Monday.

Any other ideas?

--
ekamal

willyboy

Silver Supporting Member
e-mail the tech through the link at the fulltone website. i have had great responses from their tech tsuguto anytime i have had a problem with one of their products.

Trending Topics