Fixing my broken Fulldrive 2 Mosfet, getting fuzz sounds.

ekamal

Hi all, I'm a new member but have been visiting this wonderful forum for gear stuff.

I was wondering if anyone can help me, I've got a Fulldrive 2 Mosfet (sparkly blue one) and it's broken. The signal comes through but it sounds like a fuzz pedal, with sub octaves and spitty fuzz tones and random splitting notes, would be cool if I needed that sound but I need the pedal as a buffer and booster.

I was told that it was caused by a faulty capacitor, the NP after the opamp (the tone filter), I changed it last night and it didn't make any difference.

The volume and tone knob are still working but I can't hear any difference when turning the drive knob, or maybe it was masked by the fuzz notes, I don't know.

Flicking the switches doesn't make any difference either. I was wondering if anybody has any idea what has happened to this pedal?

Many thanks in advance!

--
ekamal

ekamal

Hi fuzz_factor, I haven't been using battery with this pedal, always been using a Boss PSA adaptor.

fuzz_factor

Silver Supporting Member
Hi fuzz_factor, I haven't been using battery with this pedal, always been using a Boss PSA adaptor.

Sorry, I don't have any ideas. I once had a pedal do what you described; it was the battery. Pretty cool effect while it lasted... velcro fuzz from a distortion pedal. :)

Good luck fixing yours. Try emailing Fulltone; they'll probably have some ideas.

ekamal

Sorry, I don't have any ideas. I once had a pedal do what you described; it was the battery. Pretty cool effect while it lasted... velcro fuzz from a distortion pedal. :)

Good luck fixing yours. Try emailing Fulltone; they'll probably have some ideas.

Thanks for the idea, I tried using battery and it still sounded like a sputtery fuzz. :RoCkIn

I have emailed Fulltone just last Friday from work but won't be able to check until Monday.

Any other ideas?

--
ekamal

willyboy

Silver Supporting Member
e-mail the tech through the link at the fulltone website. i have had great responses from their tech tsuguto anytime i have had a problem with one of their products.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom