Flanger and Phaser settings on Strymon Mobius?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Elskens Philippe, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Elskens Philippe

Elskens Philippe Member

I'm pretty new to flanger and phaser, so I have some difficulty dialing in good sounds with my Mobius.
    Can you share your settings please (and maybe which songs they sound good for?).
    For Flanger: interested in EVH Ain't talking bout love, and Muse!
    For Phaser: interested in anything;-)
    Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  2. Elskens Philippe

Elskens Philippe Member

3. critter74

critter74 Supporting Member

First, se.t your phase and flanger to run BEFORE dirt. All of the tines you're asking about are ran before dirt.

I sold my Möbius a while ago, so these are from the analog counter parts I have:

EVH- "Ain't Talkin' About Love" and "Unchained": Grey Box (MXR) mode and pretty much everything set about 1:00 on the dial (Manual, Depth, Speed & Res)

Phase: General rule of thumb: the less stages, the more low end and deeper "throb". The more stages,mother mor pronounced the phase. From Univibe type stuff, 2-4 stages, low depth, higher speed. For Pink Floyd 70's type phase (non Mutron Bi-Phase) 4-6 stages, higher Depth, slower speed. If you run a 4 stage with a high depth and medium speed before dirt with a lot of gain, you can get a cool Auto-Wah sound. With the sped off, you can get a cool cocked wah sound that changes with the differnt stages.

In general it's usually best to keep the mix between 50-60%.

4. dpgreek

dpgreek Supporting Member