Flanger like Vortex or Corona but with a mix ratio

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Soulgolem, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Soulgolem

Soulgolem Member

Hi all, i own both the Corona and Vortex and i figured out too late they were actually the same pedal, both store the exact same settings in the editor and are essentially the same effect housed in a different enclosure EXCEPT that the Corona has a mix value while the Vortex doesn't.

I'm looking for a Flanger effect kind of like what these pedals offer, I mostly use a setting where the effect oscillates between a slapback style flange tone and a tight chorus setting, i could achieve this with the TC pedals.

I'm looking for another flanger capable of this but without the volume boost you get from the TC toneprint pedals, something with a mix ratio knob instead of having the effect sit on top of your dry signal. Would have been nice if you had that option when using the pedal in non-true bypass mode.

So what's out there ? I've checked out lots of demos, but they don't show the sounds i want to achieve.

Oh, has to be stereo of course :D

2. FlyingsCool

FlyingsCool Member

So did you create a Flanger toneprint for the Corona? Did that work not work for you?
    Did you try modifying the mix parameter in the Vortex Flanger Toneprint Editor?

3. FlyingsCool

FlyingsCool Member

BTW. I already have a Corona... Unfortunately, the Mix knob is not editable in the Toneprint Editor.
    Are all four knobs editable in the Vortex?

I'm thinking of gettting a Vortex just for that feature if it has it. Then I can create either Chorus or Flanger (or Vibrato) Toneprints and access all the pedals from one pedal when I want to keep my pedal board small and don't need to have both pedals active at once....