• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Flanger recommendations?

Bluesrocker99

Looking for a good flanger, preferably current production, easy to obtain.
Had MXR, liked the EVH type tones, but found it sucked tone somewhat, and don't like the separate power supply.
Now have T-rex Twister which I quite like, has it's own sound but it doesn't really do EVH or swooshing jet plane.
Any suggestions?

playthecray

Silver Supporting Member
The EH Deluxe Electric Mistress is pretty nice. At lower settings it can serve as a chorus. It is hard wired and is a fairly big footprint if pedal board space is a concern.

thesjkexperienc

^^^ I made this guitar^^^
I really like the Flanger in the Nova Modulator. I just wish I could find an analog Flanger that was similar for less metallic tone.

PanicProne

I actually really happen to like the Boss BF-3. I know both Pete Loeffler of Chevelle and Joe Satriani has used this through the years.

mfgobbi

ADA is overrated. MXR is fine for classic jet-plane after an OD. T-Rex twister is digital. I like older ibanez/maxons.

Looking for a good flanger, preferably current production, easy to obtain.
Had MXR, liked the EVH type tones, but found it sucked tone somewhat, and don't like the separate power supply.
Now have T-rex Twister which I quite like, has it's own sound but it doesn't really do EVH or swooshing jet plane.
Any suggestions?

Bluesrocker99

My MXR Flanger does not suck tone at all. Best flanger by far.
Maybe with your set-up, but not with mine. Using a clean amp and a Lovepedal Purple Plexi. I lost a lot of dynamics and got a muddy sound. The actual effect was spot on, just didn't like the 'blanket over the amp' that it gave me. :BEER

FAC

Maybe with your set-up, but not with mine. Using a clean amp and a Lovepedal Purple Plexi. I lost a lot of dynamics and got a muddy sound. The actual effect was spot on, just didn't like the 'blanket over the amp' that it gave me. :BEER
if the sound is spot on, then why not use something like a true bypass looper--the small ones (e.g., the Keeley looper, something from loopmaster) don't take up much space.

NewarkWilder

the Hartman is my favorite... I'm not into the full-on jet engine sound though. I like it for smooth, subtle, and pretty texture and none do that better than the Hartman IMO.

89strat

I've use MXR Flangers. Never noticed any difference in the bypassed tone. I will say, though, in bypass mode, it has less effect on tone than any other flanger I tried.

Which brings me to other favorite, the FL9 (ibanez or maxon, both good). The ibanez does, however, affect the tone a bit in bypass, but not enough to make a difference for me. I like its chorusy warmth.

dc_jcm800

Gold Supporting Member
Whatever happened to the Toadworks Barracuda?
There was alot of buzz, finally came out, did anyone buy or try one?

Hoss

Carl Martin Classic Flange...goes from super subtle to over the top...very musical!

Trending Topics