• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Flanger with Envelope Control

ArtDecade

Looking for a Flanger where I can dial in one tone and increase the speed by digging in harder on the strings. I know you can set up the Eventide Modfactor for a secondary sound via envelope input. Any others?

LSMFT6

We brake for nobody
Gold Supporting Member
Pretty sure Source Audio stuff lets you do that, either the One Series modulation pedals or the Orbital

c7sus

Actually, the Foxrox TZF envelope controls the base delay time of the flange, and not modulation speed.

The TZF2 has a momentary speed ramp control but AFAIK it is a fixed speed both up and down, with up faster than down.

A MF-101, MF-108M, and a CP-251 voltage controller will do envelope mod speed. It takes a while to dial it in but it is do-able.

johnetone

Yeah the envelope on TZF2 doesn’t affect speed, it just holds the envelope at bay so until signal goes under threshold. Then the sweep is allowed to pass through zero.

The ramp button is kind of like firing up a really fast Leslie. It goes from the preset speed to max speed when held.

This goes back to me wanting @chaseblissaudio to create a signal controlled envelope generator that can be used with any instrument or line level signal.

rsmith601

Vendor
I'll take a look at those. Source Audio is always working on cool pieces of kit.
The Mercury Flanger, Lunar Phaser, and Gemini Chorus all support a flanger that can be envelope controlled via the Neuro App. The Orbital Modulator is an older product that has the same options right on top.

martijn

Keeley Bubbletron includes a DynaFlange mode, as well as an envelope controlled phaser.

Also, the Meris Polymoon has two parallel DynaFlangers in it's signal path, but this is an expensive alternative as it is more a side option of this "rack-delay in pedal form"

Trending Topics