flashback x4 and dd20 question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by docgorpon, Jan 21, 2015.

1. docgorpon

docgorpon Member

Can you stack delays on the presets with either of these units? In other words, can I have a preset that has a low level analog delay and a hotter digital delay with a slightly different time going at the same time?

2. Jose Eduardo

Jose Eduardo Member

I don't think so. However, the new TC Triple Delay does.

That would be a great feature in an updated DD-20 (If it ever happens)

3. AnalogKid85

AnalogKid85 Member

Depends on what you mean by "stacking"--if you mean two delays in series (like two separate pedals going into each other), I don't think either of these will do that, but they both definitely have some (limited) dual-delay features. The X4 has one dual-delay setting (dotted 8th + quarter note, I believe) that you can use with all the models on board, and I'm pretty sure those two delays are in parallel. The DD-20 has a multi-head tape mode feature, but I don't think the 2nd tape head is adjustable for different times (I think it's 1/2 the main delay time). There is a DUAL mode on the DD-20 too, but I think it's a 2-tap delay, and the second delay time can't be very far from the first one--I think the maximum distance between the two can only be around 200 or 250 ms (something like that).

The Triple delay and the Timeline are definitely the ones to get for series-stacked delays. Not sure about the Visual Sound Dual Tap delay--never took the time to figure out how that one is set up, but it could be series (any Dual Tap owners here?). There are some older delays like the Yamaha Magicstomp that will cover this ground easily too, including one mode on there where you can set up to 8 different modulated delays and have them all in series!