Flashback X4 / Line 6 M9 Expression

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by frankharvey, Apr 20, 2016.

1. frankharvey

frankharvey Member

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anybody knew of any expression pedals that would work for both a TC Electronics Flashback X4 and a Line 6 M5. I was thinking of a VP JR (25k) but I thought i'd check before pulling the trigger. On top of that, I've broken a few VP JR's (that darned string mechanism), and I was hoping to find something a little more sturdy.

Thanks

2. 3 Mile Stone

3 Mile Stone Silver Supporting Member

That's a good one. I was considering adding a Flashback to my board because feature-wise it has what I need. But then I read the manual and there you go, 25K expression pedal is the deal. I really want to set mine up with the new Dunlop mini volume for board space. Surely there is something out there small that uses a 25K?

3. coltonius

coltonius Señor Member Silver Supporting Member

The FB is a TRS expression with a B25k pot.. I'm pretty sure the Line 6 is a TS connection with a B10k pot. That may present a challenge in executing your desired goal, but I'm not familiar enough with the L6 products.

4. minty901

minty901 Member

Get a cheap expression pedal or a passive volume pedal. Tone suck isn't relevant so it doesn't really matter how cheap you go. I got a £20 Daphon volume pedal and use a TRS splitter to use it as an expression cable. It's stereo so it can be used as an expression for 2 things simultaneously.

5. LordByron

LordByron The Dude abides!

An eastbound man, in a westbound lane (ATL)
    I'm not positive, but I think the Hotone Soul Press may be. (Their documentation is a bit sparse.)