Flashback X4 midi problems

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by KeLynne, Feb 9, 2015.

1. KeLynne

KeLynne Member

HI all, I recently bought a disaster area dpc 5 midi controller for my pedalboard. I have an eventide timefactor and a flashback x4 that I am seeking to control via midi. The timefactor is fairly easy to setup with the dpc 5 once I get going, and mapping isn't too hard but I have no idea how to control the flashback's 3 presets via the midi controller. Does anyone know how to do this?

2. KeLynne

KeLynne Member

3. KeLynne

KeLynne Member

Bump... Here's to hoping someone can help me figure this out.

4. fretwhizzy

fretwhizzy Member

I think you can theoretically recall the presets via pc msg and get sync via clock. It may have improved with some update but I do recall there was no bypass via midi available except by losing a preset to bypass. I think having put midi hardware on the two bigger flashback pedals to have such a basic and arguably flawed midi spec is disappointing... Maybe it'll get improved with an update....

5. KeLynne

KeLynne Member

Thanks, fretwhizzy. Looks like I might have to get rid of it. They haven't updated it in years. The midi implementation of this pedal is nonetheless disappointing.